Please.... NO drooling

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
amokalex

:shock: Where is the Amp Rack with the 4 Mesa Boogie Strategy 400`s??? :shock:

:roll: nice system, missing the "Rack of Wham", H3000s, and I bet it never leaves the House! :roll:

or does he make all his kids carry the stuff when hes playing at a Venue?? :wink:

very cool, the question is how much of that stuff is never used? :?

cya,

amokout :twisted:
Jem-7vwh-agg

i like the rig, i don't like the mp3 clips, i like the right everyone has to buy stuff(when he can afford them) but the thing i don't like is the title of the thread "no drooling" yeah right, like i am going to drool about equipment, make me drool about playing like Steve does!

i think that post started as an attempt to show off, and ended like this.
buy what you want, and do whatever you want with it, but don't post photos with the title "don't drool please" cause the only one drooling and begging for acknowledgement is you.
i would be proud to have that rig, and i would take photos of it, BUT i would keep em for my self.

:peace
Logic

Hmmmm...
I just thought it was in good fun..
Didn't really expect people to drool..
Not us anyway..
I would be willing to bet that there were and are people on this forum who did, let's say, had a reaction to this setup.
To me it would certainly be fun to mess with. I don't think you could even turn it on in that living room.
another virtuoso

Logic wrote:Hmmmm...
I just thought it was in good fun..
Didn't really expect people to drool..
Not us anyway..
I would be willing to bet that there were and are people on this forum who did, let's say, had a reaction to this setup.
To me it would certainly be fun to mess with. I don't think you could even turn it on in that living room.
-Amazing, someone was capable of not over analyzing/over thinking everything.
-The people going on about how he can never sound exactly like Vai, well duh, of course he can't. But when he wants to, I would imagine he could get pretty close at least tone wise when he wanted to, don't you think?
-It's "No Drooling.." because thats a crazy picture that you dont see everyday. im not bragging or showing off. why would i be? like i said 10 times before - It Isn't Mine.

However, I was near drooling while being in front of it personally. I mean, heck, that was cool to play through. It was Fun. I was excited about the opportunity to get to play on it, and wanted to share the experience with people who I thought could appreciate it, take it for what it's worth, and move on.
Believe me, I had no idea I would be here over a year later trying to straighten people out who immediately jump to conclusions, and ramble on about a guy they have never met.
And yeah, that gear NEVER leaves his living room, EVER..... *sarcasm* :roll:

meh.. anyway.. for those of you able to see something and say "hey thats pretty neat" and not critisize what they don't understand, thanks, this pic was posted for you.

By the way, he also showed me a few other 'famous' guitars, like the double neck Jimmy Page is famous for, that crazy looking orange one of EVH, the see-through satch guitar, etc. That acryllic satriani guitar is Really really heavy. I think he sold it though.
Last edited by another virtuoso on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logic

Its all very kewl..
I would just love to light that rig up. I can't imagine you being able to use that rig there in that living room. Not unless your freind lives in the middle of no where. It sound as if he or they may have a few duccets to rub together so it is possible. Even so, the living room windows may end up paying the price!..

I hope your fortune continues and you are allowed to keep playing such extraordinary gear.
xspace

:shock:

Juz give me that Jem 10th... :lol:
jun_gats
Newcomer

this is awesome
another virtuoso

lol this thread isnt old in the least....
amazing how much can change in as little as two years
jun_gats
Newcomer

yup, i'm doing research in vai's pedal board. i think this is a later one.
quiksilver98

I just read the first page of this thread for anyone who thinks i'm lost. That rig is awesome just everyone is right, you still won't sound like Vai, try figuring out every setting Vai uses.. I can get a VERY VERY close Vai sound on just gt-8 through my Marshall stack.
quiksilver98

vukvai wrote:SOMEONE'S GOT A RICH DADDY!!!
I bet the kid is going:" Dad, i STILL can't get that Vai sound".

HAHAHAHAHA, $10 says he is right, anyone else wanna bet?
quiksilver98

One more thing, Vai only uses a G-System now, no more racks.
ppvai

quiksilver98 wrote:
vukvai wrote:SOMEONE'S GOT A RICH DADDY!!!
I bet the kid is going:" Dad, i STILL can't get that Vai sound".

HAHAHAHAHA, $10 says he is right, anyone else wanna bet?

LMAO! :lol:

Thats the true!!!!!! :shock:
Big Bad Bill

another virtuoso wrote:this is a friend of mines, not mine, but i get to jam on it :D.
How on earth can your friend afford all that gear? I assume he works on the stock market or is a merchant banker?
another virtuoso

i didnt think it was really my business to ask about where he got his money. the dude was a really nice guy and let me jam on it. i was in a state of bliss holding jems and sitting in front of legacys and stuff.

he took a picture of me sitting there, and unfortunately i thought it would be a pretty neat thing to post here for the other fans to see.

to bad 90% of you guys bash a picture of a kid having what he thought was a really cool experience.