Please.... NO drooling

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
DeaconPete

Nice pic, just disregard all the (literal translation from a Dutch expression:) "vinegar-pissers".
What's wrong with being a fan, and if you have the money to buy this, why not?
And what if the guy can't play like Vai? If he could, we would be on his forum, wouldn't we?
ppvai

maybe but... me not :roll:
jemvan

So for everything in the pic; how much? total!!
UtopianFir
Newcomer

Why would you want Vais exact rig? You should have (insert your own name here)s rig, a rig that sounds like well.....you.
PureVa|

i donno about anyone else but i want Vais rig lol. whats up with everyone saying dont get Vais gear? Vai has quality shit. id want that rig so bad....so lucky
knarfzednem

it doesn't matter even with all of that gear you can't sound exactly like steve.that's a good thing.and as for having a rig that has "your" sound...impossible.no matter what gear you have and what you do,people are always going to compare you to someone else.(especially with a jem and/or a legacy).the only way to be almost completely unique is if you build all your gear yourself.and even then...
Real_Confusions

knarfzednem wrote:it doesn't matter even with all of that gear you can't sound exactly like steve.that's a good thing.and as for having a rig that has "your" sound...impossible.no matter what gear you have and what you do,people are always going to compare you to someone else.(especially with a jem and/or a legacy).the only way to be almost completely unique is if you build all your gear yourself.and even then...
...what?
Gastric Sumo

while I personally wouldn't go to the extent as to buy everything that Steve Vai uses, I don't see a problem with someone who is fanatical enough to do so. More power to them. I just wouldn't keep all that equipment next to a glass door that someone could easily break into and take it.
knarfzednem

Real_Confusions wrote:
knarfzednem wrote:it doesn't matter even with all of that gear you can't sound exactly like steve.that's a good thing.and as for having a rig that has "your" sound...impossible.no matter what gear you have and what you do,people are always going to compare you to someone else.(especially with a jem and/or a legacy).the only way to be almost completely unique is if you build all your gear yourself.and even then...
...what?
I don't know.I was kinda' tired.Just saying leave the guy alone,let em' buy what he wants,you only live once.
another virtuoso

Gastric Sumo wrote:while I personally wouldn't go to the extent as to buy everything that Steve Vai uses, I don't see a problem with someone who is fanatical enough to do so. More power to them. I just wouldn't keep all that equipment next to a glass door that someone could easily break into and take it.
yeah... i'm sure it doesnt stay in that little room all the time. and he's careful with who he lets see it, ect. (and who wouldn't be, right?). I feel lucky as hell that he was cool enough to extend an invitation to me.
i'm saveing for a jem7v for myself, and got an invite to check out each of his guitars to make sure thats what i really want, so hopefully i'll get around to that sometime soon (my schedule has been WAY to hectic lately!!).
marlint
Newcomer

I checked out the dudes website. He's clearly suffering an identity crisis! I heard only part of one of his tunes, but for all of his self-claimed exploration of the stratosphere, he hasn't travelled beyond anyone who's found their own voice.

Has anyone seen "The Fan"? (Snipes & DeNiro) Steve, be careful of who you invite in to your home!
another virtuoso

marlint wrote:I heard only part of one of his tunes, but for all of his self-claimed exploration of the stratosphere, he hasn't travelled beyond anyone who's found their own voice.
y do you people keep judgeing him by those little sample-type clips he's got on his site? you havent seen him play, nor do you know him at all, now stop being ignorant. there are a lot of negative people here. Try going by this rule: if you dont know what your talking about/dont have anything nice to say, then go away/dont say it at all.
Evo2k0

another virtuoso wrote:
Gastric Sumo wrote:while I personally wouldn't go to the extent as to buy everything that Steve Vai uses, I don't see a problem with someone who is fanatical enough to do so. More power to them. I just wouldn't keep all that equipment next to a glass door that someone could easily break into and take it.
yeah... i'm sure it doesnt stay in that little room all the time. and he's careful with who he lets see it, ect. (and who wouldn't be, right?). I feel lucky as hell that he was cool enough to extend an invitation to me.
i'm saveing for a jem7v for myself, and got an invite to check out each of his guitars to make sure thats what i really want, so hopefully i'll get around to that sometime soon (my schedule has been WAY to hectic lately!!).
wait a minute... how old are you? 10?
Andelusion

Evo2k0 wrote:
another virtuoso wrote:
rofl :D
another virtuoso

Evo2k0 wrote:
another virtuoso wrote:
hah. real funny man, you are. unfortunately, 10 isnt even in the ballpark of my age. good effort i suppose.. better luck next time.