After Evo's Gone

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Matthew

After Evo's Gone

#1 Post by Matthew » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:19 pm

When Steve is finally forced to retire EVO, will he have Ibanez make him a new one or will he move on to EVO II? But then again, he's been more into FLO as of late, so he'll proably use her. Maybe he'll get a new hybrid EVO/FLO.

777?

#2 Post by 777? » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:56 pm

if he loves that guitar as much as everyone says i'd imagine he'd salvage everything he could from it and make himself a reborn evo

theoriginalAiroz

#3 Post by theoriginalAiroz » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:27 pm

I just hope he doesn't kill himself

:roll:

GuitarStrings

#4 Post by GuitarStrings » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:55 am

well, I think he will use that guitar he used for the 2003 Ibanez Catalogue Promo Photo.
That is one with New Edge Pro bridge.
Mikey said in the Guitars Section that Steve will start to use it one day.

Vaitalitarion

#5 Post by Vaitalitarion » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:49 pm

The hybrid shall be called........

EFLO

orrrr FLEEVO

or Captain. Birdseye

only steve can decide :lol:

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by Jeroen » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:23 am

I'm guessing/hoping that when Evo's body is beyond repair, he will put the pickups in another jem. Seems to me that those prototype evolutions are responsible for the better ammount of Evo's sound.

Bono

#7 Post by Bono » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:26 am

I'm guessing he'll use Flo as his main guitar. Steve will probably retire Evo from the road before it is completely useless and just use her in the studio. I think it's amazing how he's had the same guitar for so many years, and I love the stories about her on the 'All about Evo' page - such as the pickups thrown away after a gig!

badasstommyboy

#8 Post by badasstommyboy » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:21 am

i agree with the other guy, he should salvage everything, and make a reborn EVO.

davester1234

#9 Post by davester1234 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:54 am

Jeroenn wrote:I'm guessing/hoping that when Evo's body is beyond repair, he will put the pickups in another jem. Seems to me that those prototype evolutions are responsible for the better ammount of Evo's sound.
the body is already beyond repair. and i think its the package dude...i think the stars just aligned properly for that guitar, it'll never be able to be replicated...its not just a matter of replacing the pickups, although i wish for steve's sake it was. it'll always be a close but no cigar situation.

But its always possible to fall in love with another axe for different reasons :)

Anyway, Ithink the way the wood resonates on EVO is a big part of its magic.

keithb

#10 Post by keithb » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:55 am

The only real consideration is the crack in EVO's body, right? When it gets to be dangerously big, just crack it all the way, glue it up, and you won't even know it was there. I've reparied worse :shock:

davester1234

#11 Post by davester1234 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:11 am

keithb wrote:The only real consideration is the crack in EVO's body, right? When it gets to be dangerously big, just crack it all the way, glue it up, and you won't even know it was there. I've reparied worse :shock:
well, apparently steve's had ibanez examine the crack thoroughly, and due to the nature of the crack, it was determined by everyone involved that there is no way to fix it. If i remember right, they even tried to make a mould of the entire guitar, unsuccessfully.

I think EVO's on her last leg :cry:

Vaitalitarion

#12 Post by Vaitalitarion » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:11 am

I think Steve should make a farewell song ON evo or something of the like. I think salvaging as many parts to transfer onto a new Jem body is a good idea. It all seems bad I know, but it will bring a change in the wind, so we'll see and hear new things we havent heard yet. So it can be a good thing too :)

badasstommyboy

#13 Post by badasstommyboy » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:43 am

hehe i can imagine evo to be steve's source of power, and without it he turns into evil bad horsie steve.

Vaitalitarion

#14 Post by Vaitalitarion » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:23 am

You know what, after this EVO thing goes, I reckon he should buy a Squier Telecaster. No frills no nonsense :lol:

Just kidding, please don't hit me *flinches*

Junebughunter

#15 Post by Junebughunter » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:37 pm

I am sure steve has plans for how he is going to retire her but...

I know if it was my guitar when her time would come that would be it. I wouldn't salvage her or try and disect her, I Would let her be...she would be done and what was left would be stored...only original pieces (so without the neck, trem, etc)

I would then frame her and always keep her near by