RIP Carvin

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
fyrie

RIP Carvin

#1 Post by fyrie » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:44 pm

Unfortunately it looks like Carvin Audio is shutting down and is liquidating its inventory. I hope The Legacy amp line will live on somehow.

Notkrap
Newcomer

Re: RIP Carvin

#2 Post by Notkrap » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Any guesses on the next Steve Vai amp?
I think it would be cool for Hoshino/Ibanez to bring in Reinhold Bogner or some other amp guru to work with Steve and make a "JEM" Amp Line. Something that would be so cool you'd see folks using it as much as the EVH III Head & 412. (Think Friedman amp/ Victory amp coolness factor)
At this point Hoshino should just give Steve his own line, A'la EVH/ Fender and do amps & guitars with the "Vai" or "JEM" moniker. :guitar

mertay.çiçek
Newcomer

#3 Post by mertay.çiçek » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:23 am

My vote is on the 40th second of this video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_93K4YUe1s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :headbang

Imagine a jc120 based amp that has such drive in it, would be amazing.

TheArchitect

#4 Post by TheArchitect » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:44 pm

I keep seeing Orange amps in the various vids from his studio. If he doesn't just use the Fractal Stuff my money would be on Orange. All that said, his amps will continue to work just fine and that new pedal into about anything with el34's will work also. The pedal was such a non sequitor, I wonder if they did it because they knew this was coming.

TheArchitect

#5 Post by TheArchitect » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:06 pm

I keep seeing they are "closing the factory". That does not necessarily mean closing up shop. Are they just moving the manufacturing elsewhere?

I am also surprised there has been no statement from Steve on this. It's a pretty significant business impact.

Jeries

#6 Post by Jeries » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:31 am

they're finished

EricPolka
Newcomer

#7 Post by EricPolka » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:33 pm

fyrie wrote:Unfortunately it looks like Carvin Audio is shutting down and is liquidating its inventory. I hope The Legacy amp line will live on somehow.
It's always sad to see when legends close their doors. So glad they were around when they were. Salute . . .
Last edited by EricPolka on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

edward.lamaide
Newcomer

#8 Post by edward.lamaide » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:52 am

Post subject: Re: What's next for Steve with Carvin closingPostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:19 am
Newcomer

Well, it looks like Carvin is not dead after all. Here is what they just posted on the Carvin Facebook page.

On January 23, 2018

Carvin Amps and Audio announces the relaunch of carvinaudio.com, which offers a brand-new user experience. We will continue our 70+ year legacy by providing musicians and sound professionals with solutions to their everyday needs with tube guitar pedals, in-ear monitor systems, wireless microphones, and gig essentials like D/I boxes and power conditioners.

Expect new products from Carvin Amps and Audio in 2018 including a new tube preamp guitar pedal, which is based on one of our most iconic tube amps, to be released at the 2018 NAMM Show in Anaheim, California. Visit us and demo the new pedal at the Acacia Guitars booth #4249 and the Vola Guitars booth #4334 at NAMM 2018.

Stay tuned for more information about the new tube preamp guitar pedal!

ruger9
Newcomer

#9 Post by ruger9 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:35 am

https://www.guitarplayer.com/gear/namm- ... eamp-pedal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The new preamp pedal is NOT the Legacy one....

TheArchitect

#10 Post by TheArchitect » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:49 am

ruger9 wrote:https://www.guitarplayer.com/gear/namm- ... eamp-pedal

The new preamp pedal is NOT the Legacy one....
We will see where they go with this but I am not seeing this ending well... $400-$500 dollars can get you a lot of performance in a pedal. I am not sure this these really stack up in that market and they have not handled the Legacy pedal roll out well at all what with closing their doors right after the release of it and all...

organictimbre
Newcomer

#11 Post by organictimbre » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Personally I'd like to see Steve go back to the Bogners, or whatever he plays on Touching Tongues and Red House on the G3 tour with Satch & EJ.