ultra zone guitar

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
longfellow
Newcomer

I just wanna say that I think it is a crying shame that Steve has such a unique and beautifully crafted guitar ( the ultrazone) and will not play it live. I think such a guitar is failing to fulfill its destiny, and therefore Steve should give it a whirl on his next tour.
Go on Steve! Ya know ya wanna..............
Moderator777

Moved to proper forum topic. ;)

--------------
Thank you,

Moderator777
www.vai.com
ChickenScratch

It is a stunning guitar and I hope that some day we'll get to see it played even if it's a little video on the site of him just messing around. It's destiny man!
AlienMade
Newcomer

Nah...it doesn't belong on tour, it's just for artistic show. I'm sure it's not even worth that much....mhmm. Therefore he should just give it to me. :D
Ross
Newcomer

AlienMade is on the right track, but I'm nearer to its spawning ground in Donegal so I should get the guitar (or a replica from Emerald...)
Ross
Emerald
Newcomer

Hey guys I'm sure Steve will never part with that guitar .I am the guy who is privelaged enough to have been able to build that guitar ,and would also love to see him play it on stage and who knows it may happen but for now I have the memory of watching him play it in the harmony hut .Awesome ... Maybe I'll put some pics on www.emeraldguitars.com for you all to see
RAI

It's probably a very nice guitar, but I cannot imagine it being particularly comfortable to play for an extended period of time.
(No offense, Emerald...)
But it's quite an amazing looking piece!
shader

Emerald, i'm sure you've plugged it in. It looks nice, but how does it sound?

Judging from the construction material, i doubt it sounds all that great... more of an artistic masterpiece IMO :)
Emerald
Newcomer

Actually guys its really comfortable to play ,the long end is made from really light but strong materials so it balances on a strap pretty well . As for how it plays its got a cracking set of active EMG's on it and the centre part of the body is wood so its got a real ballsy sound with bags of sustain .Its also based around a steinberger trem system one of the best trems you can find so steve can pull on it till his hearts content .
Its really much more practical than youd expect .things arent always what they seem ...
dex

A set of active EMG's will sound just as good in MDF as in mahogany.
I'm sure this guitar has a great tone and not to mention that even though it looks strange it was build by a luthier who has his priorities right.
Guitar first.
Weird artistic concept second.

ilia
davester1234

that guitar is killer!
Wizzerd

It's such a shame he won't play it life. Maybe he will sell it some, or at least a copy. :( i hope so
:twisted:
zappacaster
Newcomer

This guitar is incredible -- congratulations to the company that made it (Emerald Guitars)! I hope we do get to see Steve using it someday even if only in a photo shoot. That's the kind of guitar that would stop anyone in their tracks -- whether or not they know Steve Vai -- and make them STARE at those photos...

A funny connection... on None Radio, which is hosted by Mike Keneally and Rich Pike (formerly of Vai.com), they're advertising for Emerald Guitars during some of the breaks. Emerald is a sponsor of NoneRadio.com. Okay, maybe it isn't FUNNY but it was something I noticed. :) Apparently they're going to give away an Emerald Guitars endorsement on the show.

If the Emerald guys are still here, will the Ultra Zone guitar ever be able to be ordered? (Can I get one?) :)
Junebughunter

I don't think he would use it in an official photo shoot or add, wouldn't that give Ibanez a hemroid or something? Is he even allowed to do that?

Anyway I am sure steve will eventually play it...but I don't know, I have several guitars, some better than others but there are only 2 I really really enjoy playing...it is hard to adjust and I could understand if he never touched the thing
Emerald
Newcomer

Hey zappacaster
It is no coincedence that Emerald is sponsoring none radio .Rich and I became great friends through the Ultrazone guitar. Noneradio.com stands for everything we stand for in terms of music and we are proud to be involved .
We are indeed giving away an endorsement on none radio I hope you will submit some music .
As for will the Ultrazone guitar become available to order ? I have been asked that alot but That was purely a one off for steve and of course it is his design so there would probably be a copyright issue .Also the price tag that I would need to charge for something like that would be around $15,000 and that reduces the number of people interested .
Thanks for Admiring the guitar But It was the inspiration that makes it so great .I was just lucky enough to have been able to build it