VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: electronics on jem evo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:26 pm 

i don't want to open my evo, can somebody tell me exactly all the components with full names so i could buy them to apply on different guitar? on neck... is it a dp158 or is it another dp159? which capacitor/s has? volume? knob? cable? which marks? would i find something different to other jems if i open it? it is hard to find it on internet. there must be here some other evo owner whom wouldn't care to open it and explain what's inside. i respect it as an untouchable grave.in my searches i only found opinions, i want the correct answer. thank you

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:21 am 

hi,

the neck pickup is a dp159(bridge evo),
i would email ibanez or try jemsite for exact cap/pot values although if you look in the back you should be able to tell.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:30 am 
Newcomer

I have a Legacy I amp and i do love the tone and having the delay and chorus in the effects loop sounds so much better but.... every time I switch the pedals on or off I get this huge popping through the effects loop. I have True bypass TC electronics pedals and they are brand new and brand new cables as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:14 pm 

paulh123 wrote:
hi,

the neck pickup is a dp159(bridge evo),
i would email ibanez or try jemsite for exact cap/pot values although if you look in the back you should be able to tell.

maybe i will open the day i will need to change all strings at once, that is not a good idea even though you use the 2AA taped batteries as nordegg teached me in a 30 minutes explanation of evo adjustements. i don't like to remove the screws, because wood will be little opened and that damage will lose sustain.

i don't know ibanez email. the spanish dealer broke because of crisis and i don't speak japanese. maybe i will buy another evo then be ready to open the old one.

lately i am building guitars with the best expensive pieces and DIY becomes cheaper than if i order the non existent custom prototypes. i like the sound of evo and cannot find a google explaining it, maybe they keep the secret or maybe are normal capacitors and enroutement, but since i bought one and i'm not rich i think i deserve to be able to clone it so i won't waste the frets of the original.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:54 am 

i`m sure someone on jemsite will have the answers for you.