When did the original Bad Horsie Wah debut?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.

Preferred Model - Bad Horsie 1 or Bad Horsie 2?

Bad Horsie 1?
No votes
Bad Horsie 1?
No votes
Bad Horsie 1?
No votes
Bad Horsie 1?
No votes
Bad Horsie 2?
No votes
Bad Horsie 2?
No votes
Bad Horsie 2?
No votes
Bad Horsie 2?
No votes
What Is The Basis Of Your Choice?
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 0

Les Paul Disciple
Newcomer

When did the original Bad Horsie Wah debut?

#1 Post by Les Paul Disciple » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:41 am

I have been following Steve since I bought Flex-Able in 1984. I recently decided to upgrade my wah from an ancient Morley WVO to the Bad Horsie (Morley's reputation for quality was a huge factor in choosing this pedal). I got one for a steal on eBay and was wondering what year the pedal debuted. Mine looks old, serial # 0016410. Can anyone help with dating this beauty of a pedal? I am thinking of naming it "Tiger" after the Tiger tank due to its' solid and apparently indestructible build.

My thanks to anyone here who can help.

Jeries

Re: When did the original Bad Horsie Wah debut?

#2 Post by Jeries » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:02 am

There are maybe 2 generations of the Bad Horsies

The older ones have a space in the pedal tread and a red MORLEY sticker.
Later versions- have the tread solid and MORLEY on the front of the pedal- not the face of it where you push up and down on.

I use exclusively Morley wah pedals.
The Bad Horsie is my favorite- I have a few- I also have one maybe two Bad Horsie 2's.

I got my first one many many years ago used- then returned it the next day for a brand new Bad Horsie 2- I love it.

While i NEVER use the extra knob or button that's on the BH2- I use/have it in case i want it/or need it- but mostly the BH1 is fine.

I remember seeing the add when i started playing guitar in 1999- so it has to be older than that. I'll ask Morley I'm going to be testing some pedals for them soon.