VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:45 am 

So today we learn that BO recently broke her neck. How? Well, the Korean Air people decided vai couldn't carry his guitars on the plane. No big deal, they'll go under the plane nice and safe. Oh, but while they're loading it, they just throw all the gear and the guitars protected only by a gig bag into the hard metal cart. How fantastic, so BO broke her neck and how very unfortunate for that. Luckily, it was glued and fixed by the next show, so no worries. But really, I find what Korean Air did was just beyond obnoxious. How can you possibly quantify throwing gear covered in flourescent tape and most likely said VERY FRAGILE on it I to a metal cart? I mean, really? I'm glad they fixed the neck or else I think vai should have sued. Thank god this didn't happen to EVO, or I would have sued myself LOL. Although- its probably WAYHY too hard to sue a Korean air company being Americans lol. Do maybe they just don't use Korean Air anymore. If you go on Vai's FB page you can see the pictures of the broken neck, the fixed neck, and the gear thrown into the cart. They also got a video of the Korean Air workers just throwing the gear I to the cart. I really hope they post that for the world to see.

I do write a lot, so it probably seems like a rant lol but it's not, it's just my style of writing lol.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:10 am 

Poor BO.... Thank god, Ibanez was available for repair. I guess it'll be just a temporary fix. Maybe there's already a new neck prepaired in LACS.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:05 am 

eehh, I'm pretty sure if its alright to keep touring with hell just keep the neck, whatshisface sims did the original neck with the LEDs, so I'm not sure if ibanez would even be able to make a guitar neck just like the one now.
ocxcxd wrote:
Poor BO.... Thank god, Ibanez was available for repair. I guess it'll be just a temporary fix. Maybe there's already a new neck prepaired in LACS.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:09 am 

well, Sims did not MAKE the original neck, he put the leds in, im not sure ibanez would put them in if steve already had to take it to somebody else to do. I guess because BO isnt "special" to the setlist except for building the church (shes not downtuned, or anything that would require a backup) and he has lots of guitars with sustainers, he didn't bring a BO backup like MOJO.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:36 pm 

kyle am I wrote:
well, Sims did not MAKE the original neck, he put the leds in, im not sure ibanez would put them in if steve already had to take it to somebody else to do. I guess because BO isnt "special" to the setlist except for building the church (shes not downtuned, or anything that would require a backup) and he has lots of guitars with sustainers, he didn't bring a BO backup like MOJO.

Bo was a backup for FLO and opposite, but this was before Xavia arrived.

I think original neck is from a 7DBK. I have written the whole story about it here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:01 pm 

:wink: :wink: :wink:

This was a DBK that Martin Simms built BEFORE the Ibanez BRMR was available to buy .

:wink: :headbang :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:03 pm 

no but Martin sims in the uk who put in the LEDs, making a replacement neck without them would be no problem for ibanez. I didn't know BO was a flo backup (well I figured it for 2007, I still find it odd he only had two sustainer guitars that were both actually used for a different songs and they were a backup for eachother, there wasn't even a true backup). I have a funny video though that wasn't about the Korean Air, but it's funny and I imagine it rings true for the Korean Air.

http://youtu.be/5YGc4zOqozo
ocxcxd wrote:
kyle am I wrote:

Bo was a backup for FLO and opposite, but this was before Xavia arrived.

I think original neck is from a 7DBK. I have written the whole story about it here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:07 pm 

and wow, that's cool, where and what is the on/off mechanism for the LED's?
R1FSR wrote:

:wink: :wink: :wink:

This was a DBK that Martin Simms built BEFORE the Ibanez BRMR was available to buy .

:wink: :headbang :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:14 pm 

the on/off switch was a pull/push tone control knob.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:56 am 

Just saw the pic, myself. Oh, poor BO! I thought I was gonna cry... :o :cry:
Soo glad they got her fixed up 8)

Just one more thing I can't stand about air travel.