When Steve's off tour and recording, who maintains his jems?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
kyle am I

When Steve's off tour and recording, who maintains his jems?

#1 Post by kyle am I » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:10 pm

when Vai's off tour and things "calm down" over the period of a few months or so, who "takes care" of his guitars? Not big things like fret dresses, but string changes, intonation adjustments, common fretboard care, etc? I can't imagine every time vai breaks a string and had to replace a set he has one of those little beepers that doctors have and Thomas nordegg comes running over to change the strings ;) . Or that if his trem is too forwards or too back he just sends it to ibanez and have them do it. So who does it? Is it actually vai himself? Once again I simply can't imagine him pulling out a screwdriver and Allen wrenches and pulling his guitars apart and stuff.

DomitianX

Re: When Steve's off tour and recording, who maintains his j

#2 Post by DomitianX » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:14 am

I'm guessing he probably does most of the day to day stuff himself. He did "create" Greenie so he probably has the skills to change strings, level a trem and what not.

ocxcxd

Re: When Steve's off tour and recording, who maintains his j

#3 Post by ocxcxd » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:24 pm

I think he has his studio tech by his hand. Well, probably he does the essential things when needed.