The Sea Foam Green Jem

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Sea Foam Green Jem

#31 Post by Jeroen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:43 pm

Here are some pics of the backstop of the Sea Foam (right), along with an original Ibanez backstop from back in the day (left)..

Jeries

#32 Post by Jeries » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:36 pm

kyle am I wrote:does it make a difference if its die-cast or machined? I mean, it's probably machined because its easier and die cast ones are probably only cost effective when they're being mass manufactured and sold..
I would guess machined is better than die cast---

machined is taken from a solid piece of metal rather than pouring metal into a cast- then buffed...

tc electronic gsystem/ernie ball volume pedals/typically more expensive stuff is machined

i'd take either- at that point- no difference if you can get a backstop take it

Jeries

#33 Post by Jeries » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:36 pm

kyle am I wrote:does it make a difference if its die-cast or machined? I mean, it's probably machined because its easier and die cast ones are probably only cost effective when they're being mass manufactured and sold..
I would guess machined is better than die cast---

machined is taken from a solid piece of metal rather than pouring metal into a cast- then buffed...

tc electronic gsystem/ernie ball volume pedals/typically more expensive stuff is machined

i'd take either- at that point- no difference if you can get a backstop take it

Jeries

#34 Post by Jeries » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:39 pm

guitars911 wrote:Jeries, Can you get just the driver in white or does one need to buy the whole kit to get one in white? Please PM me the cost when you get a chance.

Thanks
I have a personal hook up for myself- not just the drivers I have to get the whole system but I can get for myself a white driver upon request...instead of black.

it isn't something i'd be able to sell or hook anyone else up with- if i could i'd be making a ton of extra money- but i can't.

in fact i have to pay over twice what i used to pay for the kits.

Kyle has one- beat him up

I might get a white jem- in that case i make take advantage of my white sus hookup

guitars911

#35 Post by guitars911 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Understood Jeries.. Never hurts to ask though. It's only a cosmetic issue anyway. Mine still plays perfectly.

They need to release a white driver and/or kit to the masses. I think they would sell quite a few more if so.