I bought evo replica and thinking about true temperarament

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Víctorfromspain

I bought evo replica and thinking about true temperarament

#1 Post by Víctorfromspain » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:26 am

This morning i cried of happyness when my evo arrived. When the original frets will be old maybe I'll change to true temperament.
Last edited by Víctorfromspain on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ocxcxd

Re: I bought evo number one,where can I get true temperarame

#2 Post by ocxcxd » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:03 am

All of the Evo replicas are labeled as #1 of 100, serial number is stamped after the last fret on the fretboard.
If you want a neck with TT system, you should contact - http://www.truetemperament.com.

Jeries

#3 Post by Jeries » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:09 pm

why get an evo replica if you want TT?

if you can afford a $10000 guitar you can probably afford $1500 for a used JEM and then get it refretted

i also wouldn't go the TT route

Vai doesn't even use it.

Although I do know the next step/evolution in his search for perfect intonation that thomas has been experimenting with since namm- we talked for 30min about it.

ocxcxd

#4 Post by ocxcxd » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:39 am

Jeries wrote:why get an evo replica if you want TT?

if you can afford a $10000 guitar you can probably afford $1500 for a used JEM and then get it refretted

i also wouldn't go the TT route

Vai doesn't even use it.

Although I do know the next step/evolution in his search for perfect intonation that thomas has been experimenting with since namm- we talked for 30min about it.
And what is that step?

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by Jeroen » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Antares Auto Tune.

Thomas has it built in his Evo replica. It is truly ridiculously good.

Jeries

#6 Post by Jeries » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:25 pm

Jeroen wrote:Antares Auto Tune.

Thomas has it built in his Evo replica. It is truly ridiculously good.
I ran into him right after he spent an hour or two with Antares being shown the new system (in a Les Paul)

ocxcxd

#7 Post by ocxcxd » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Oh, that's a giant step forward. Can't wait too see Steve using it.

kyle am I

#8 Post by kyle am I » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:52 am

wait, Thomas had it installed in steves evo replica or his own?

EyE

#9 Post by EyE » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:32 am

Jeries wrote:Thomas has it built in his Evo replica. It is truly ridiculously good.
Thomas's

Víctorfromspain

I bought evo, what do i have to buy to set it like Vai nowad

#10 Post by Víctorfromspain » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:55 pm

If anyone wants to watch me unboxing the EVO as if i was a child on christmas, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdHF18JA1ag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Víctorfromspain on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jeries

#11 Post by Jeries » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:07 pm

First I'll say- I like the intonation of the guitar
its a little off- but nothings perfect- and Rock And Roll music has been doing pretty well with guitars the last 60 years even if its off a little around a few strings/frets.

Second- Every instruments has its 'quarks' you can say
The only instrument that is relatively perfect is a synthesiser or sampler

other than that- every instrument has problems.

Trumpets have intonation issues- every time you play a D you have to move your lips to play it sharp so the note comes out right (ironically raising your eyebrows achieves this perfectly)

Violins aren't perfect- you have to use your ears and listen to others around you...

Pianos are interesting too a piano that is in tune would sound AWFUL!
And in the physics of music- for a chord (1 3 5) to sound in tune perfectly the 3rd of the chord has to be ever so slightly sharp to resonant like it should. In the case of pianos- the middle/higher keys have 3 strings per note (tuned a little flat a little sharp and right on) so it sounds in tune and plesent- the bass keys on the other hand are hell- there's one string for a note- and if they're dead on in tune they sound awful! so how are they tuned? you baically tune up the middle keys C - C and then relatively tune the bass strings by ear... so they sound in tune and sound well together- the lower you go on a piano the more far away from the natural 'in tune' frequency you are BUT it sounds the best this way.

Our ears are pretty well trained- so the little nuances aren't that big of a deal...just take it.

ocxcxd

Re: I bought evo, what do i have to buy to set it like Vai n

#12 Post by ocxcxd » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:17 am

Víctorfromspain wrote:I watched some videos where he shows new switching volume, where could i get the same one? what sort of tissue cloth he uses to stop noise? is that a good idea to send my guitar to get fernandes sustainer? Do he have any evo with sustainer? Is there anything new that i should do like get certain ernie ball 9-42 strings or fish oil or something i don't know? May i get one of those new light weight tremolo arms? I'd really love to use this guitar as he would do.

Thank you everyone for answering, I realized later that all photographs of evo's had the number 1. Also i discovered those changed frets 2 hours after receiving my evo. After reading the whole explaining web of those frets i won't change the originals.. If anyone wants to watch me feeling when unpacking as if i was a child on christmas, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdHF18JA1ag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , you all take care. Love.
I would tell you not to change anything on the guitar, as far as hardware and stuff. That way you won't ruin it's collectors value. Steve hasn't got a sustainer built in Evo, because it changes the sound completely. Tremolo arms are exchangable, so go get the lightweight one. Take care of the guitar, and you're good to rock :guitar

Víctorfromspain

Re: I bought evo, what do i have to buy to set it like Vai n

#13 Post by Víctorfromspain » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:51 am

I would tell you not to change anything on the guitar, as far as hardware and stuff. That way you won't ruin it's collectors value. Steve hasn't got a sustainer built in Evo, because it changes the sound completely. Tremolo arms are exchangable, so go get the lightweight one. Take care of the guitar, and you're good to rock :guitar[/quote]

i already built a customized guitar
Last edited by Víctorfromspain on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

EyE

#14 Post by EyE » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:20 am

Dude, congrats with your Evo! And my advice would be the same, don't change a thing. Enjoy playing it. ;)

Víctorfromspain

I bought evo

#15 Post by Víctorfromspain » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:47 pm

my evo flying case is heavy weight lil' dracula's coffin
Last edited by Víctorfromspain on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.