EVO Without Neck On Picture

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
kyle am I

EVO Without Neck On Picture

#1 Post by kyle am I » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:57 pm

i realize a lot of you guys are older and probably don't have things like Instagram, but I went on #steve vai and oh wow, found this taken around 8 hours ago. Now if they could just pull off that PICKGUARD...

ocxcxd

Re: EVO Without Neck On Picture

#2 Post by ocxcxd » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:08 pm

Nice. Maybe a new neck is being made for her, or the existing one is being re-fretted.

kyle am I

#3 Post by kyle am I » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:31 pm

see that box EVO's on? It looks like Steve just shipped evo in a bod to ibanez lol. Without the neck. Wonder what their doing, maybe they are making a new neck, or maybe a new mod or something. Although its quite possible that its easier to ship a guitar and neck desperately than a guitar with neck, do maybe the neck was shipped too
ocxcxd wrote:Nice. Maybe a new neck is being made for her, or the existing one is being re-fretted.

ocxcxd

#4 Post by ocxcxd » Thu May 02, 2013 8:26 am

kyle am I wrote:see that box EVO's on? It looks like Steve just shipped evo in a bod to ibanez lol. Without the neck. Wonder what their doing, maybe they are making a new neck, or maybe a new mod or something. Although its quite possible that its easier to ship a guitar and neck desperately than a guitar with neck, do maybe the neck was shipped too
ocxcxd wrote:Nice. Maybe a new neck is being made for her, or the existing one is being re-fretted.
With that cloth under the trem and cracked body, I doubt he shipped the guitar without the neck - in the box. I hope this thread will get an answer soon ;)

d_ano
Newcomer

#5 Post by d_ano » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:49 am

kyle am I wrote:see that box EVO's on? It looks like Steve just shipped evo in a bod to ibanez lol. Without the neck. Wonder what their doing, maybe they are making a new neck, or maybe a new mod or something. Although its quite possible that its easier to ship a guitar and neck desperately than a guitar with neck, do maybe the neck was shipped too
or perhaps the body itself is getting a bit of a fix up..it does look a bit under the weather

TheArchitect

#6 Post by TheArchitect » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:39 am

Maybe this is when they were documenting it to do the replicas....

ocxcxd

#7 Post by ocxcxd » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Well, if the original neck would have been repaired properly (like BO's), it would be really a cool thing to see it on Evo again. Original neck and body together, after almost 20 years!