VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Question about new EVO
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:29 pm 
Newcomer

I was just at the Vancouver Concert last night for the EVO Experience and after seeing his personal version and getting to handle it a bit, I've been thinking that I might eventually want to buy that EVO Guitar, but I'm unsure if Ibanez has put a limited release on it or not, does anyone know if it is going to be a limited release or is this one going to be around for a while?

I'll have to save for many years, namely because the guitar costs over $10,000 and I've got no way of saving up right now, let me know if any of you know if its a limited release please.

Sincerely,

KingOfNynex2003

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:40 pm 

there's only 100 for sale

i'm sure you'll always be able to find one
new or used

(expensive guitars they still have NEW from retailers years after- rarely they sell out)

there's tons of $25,000 EVH guitars out there

BUT i have two peices of advice

1- get a new/used jem for 1/12th the price and destroy it yourself

or 2- and most importantly

BE YOURSELF if you like the JEM get a JEM

but a $10,000 guitar will get you as far to being Steve Vai as I got being Michael Jordan in 5th grade with my $100 shoes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:36 am 
Newcomer

Jeries wrote:
there's only 100 for sale

i'm sure you'll always be able to find one
new or used

(expensive guitars they still have NEW from retailers years after- rarely they sell out)

there's tons of $25,000 EVH guitars out there

BUT i have two peices of advice

1- get a new/used jem for 1/12th the price and destroy it yourself

or 2- and most importantly

BE YOURSELF if you like the JEM get a JEM

but a $10,000 guitar will get you as far to being Steve Vai as I got being Michael Jordan in 5th grade with my $100 shoes

I know I won't become the next Vai by buying this guitar, I just love the guitar and I like having that pick holder on the head stock, makes it look a lot more unique than the SV Prestige I've got right now. I'm actually looking around for a JEM right now, probably early-mid 90's right now, I saw this guy with a pretty cool one at the EVO Experience, really nice and unique, might try to find a decently priced one somewhere at some point.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:33 pm 

well the replicas all got special treatment- very very very special treatment. as far as the pick holder, thats just a plastic slip binder velcroed to the headstock. not worth $7,777 if you ask me :) the guitar is $7,777. but they are special and have a bit of love in em', so go for it if you can

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:14 am 
Newcomer

kyle am I wrote:
well the replicas all got special treatment- very very very special treatment. as far as the pick holder, thats just a plastic slip binder velcroed to the headstock. not worth $7,777 if you ask me :) the guitar is $7,777. but they are special and have a bit of love in em', so go for it if you can

Even if I told my parents that they never have to buy me a present ever again for the rest of their lives, the only catch is that I want to have a guitar that's valued at over $10,000, I still wouldn't be able to get it, only way I could possibly get it is if somebody would trade that guitar for my Ibanez SV Prestige even then I'd probably never be able to part with this guitar I've got, it's been discontinued and it's been signed by Steve as well, it means too much for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:56 pm 

my dad won't even buy me a new pack of strings lol. Welcome to my world ;) but seriously, that replicas great and all but now that the hype is gone and I've tried it, it's actually not that great. I actually liked the stock 7vwh more tha the replica. The replica, even with all the dents and cracks and shit, still felt new, was intimidating, and didn't possess enough age (in feel and sight, like the paint and pick guard not being yellow, the tape not really being dirty enough) to actually feel like evo. It may sound stupid, especially with the whole tape thing, but it's kinda important to capture all of evo, not just its dents and cracks.