New IBANEZ JEM EVO replica 25th anniversary

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
R1FSR

http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/jemevo.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
avianoguitarist

That's my point, but for the previous question--Rich can't sell new stock across borders due to market restrictions.
x_guitarguy-x
Newcomer

What's happened to the true temperment frets on Steve's original Evo?
EyE

Awhile back Greg switched the neck on Steve's request.
ocxcxd

EyE wrote:Awhile back Greg switched the neck on Steve's request.

Who is he?
Samuele

Among many other things, Greg is Steve's studio engineer and tech.
ocxcxd

Ahhh..... Greg Wurth.....yes.... :D
Prezidentman

How is this exactly different from the regular 7v model???
driftsuperstar
Newcomer

Thanks for the link :D

This guitar is awesome, it represents a great piece of history, I have been a fan of steve's since I watched expo 92, I was about 10 years old and wouldn't like to add up the hours I have spent listening to notes scream from the Steve's evo!!!  

He has created the sound track to my life in a way... I have a 7v but for me this is something very different :D Can't wait till July... 
Big Bad Bill

It has one of the worst paint jobs ever! Its all chipped and scratched, you guys, can't you see them? If I saw a new guitar like that in a guitar shop, all scratched and chipped I'm complain. Ibanez are really letting their quality control standards slip. Sloppy, sloppy sloppy. I mean if a guitar ends up looking like that after years of honest gigging and playing etc, then fair enough, but a new guitar....its just silly.
aaronm
Banned

steves guitars are cool dont get me rong ... they can keep the strap I wouldnt want anything with someone elses sweat and grease on it but mine.For what its worth if I was to buy an Ibanez I would go for the high end RG and make it my own rather than being a steve vai clone as nice as his guitars are...I have played the gem yes fantastic yes they look great but I want my guitars to be me not steve.....Im shure steve would understand this way of thinking ....
driftsuperstar
Newcomer

Any news on these yet? Date etc? Thomann (Germany) is advertising it as availible 25th of may...
pagliai

are the frets stainless steel?