What is the COOLEST guitar Steve owns?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.

What is the COOLEST guitar Steve owns?

JEM BSB
1%
JEM BSB
1%
JEM BSB
1%
JEM BSB
1%
EVO
10%
EVO
10%
EVO
10%
EVO
10%
Bad Horsie
4%
Bad Horsie
4%
Bad Horsie
4%
Bad Horsie
4%
Ultra Zone
2%
Ultra Zone
2%
Ultra Zone
2%
Ultra Zone
2%
Heart Tripleneck
1%
Heart Tripleneck
1%
Heart Tripleneck
1%
Heart Tripleneck
1%
Flame Guitar
1%
Flame Guitar
1%
Flame Guitar
1%
Flame Guitar
1%
FLO
3%
FLO
3%
FLO
3%
FLO
3%
Universe
3%
Universe
3%
Universe
3%
Universe
3%

Total votes: 1076
playnoevil777

:oops: well you're wrong...I wouldn't be naked! :lol: and speaking of the song massacre,do you guys know how much an eventide harmonizer is?!...$3,500! :shock:
atifman

I picked Flo 'cause of the Sustainer.
Knightmeir

playnoevil777 wrote::oops: well you're wrong...I wouldn't be naked! :lol: and speaking of the song massacre,do you guys know how much an eventide harmonizer is?!...$3,500! :shock:
The Eclipse runs for around $2,000 new... I was drooling over one at GC today... but you can find them elsewhere for hundreds cheap. I saw one sell for $1,325 in mint condition... <cough>
Dr.N.A.Ma

http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitarpages/guitar119.html

Coolest Looking.

Evo
Coolest. (that and it will be worth a killing when Steve retires her)
swear2EVO
Newcomer

green meanie def needs to be on the list, and i would rock ANY of his seven strings, but im not as partial to the jems, i need a more charvel/esp type neck, but i do give them fair respect
Gulliver

Does Steve own one of these? :wink:

http://www.novaxguitars.com/

Edited: Oops... I just realized that I should post this link to the next thread... Sorry!
Vaibanez5150

I LOVE THE FLAME! RAI HIT it right on the head with his description.

GOIN CRAZY! :P
scott
Newcomer

My favourites:
(alt+p)
Did the image work? (The triple neck jem)
The quetion is if it´s easy to play. It has to weigh some. I also like the Zng-Zng(?). Thanks for all the replies!
akami

Bad Horsie is the one for me! I want lots of the loud paint jobs too, but I just love that natural finish! If I ever buy a 7VWH I'm going to strip it and have me a bad horsie of my own!
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

your better off selling the orrignial 7v body and buy a custom made body in return:
- You can have swamp ash, which looks best
- The 7v body has a basswood veneer on it underneath the paint, it would look like crap.. ;)
akami

Jeroenn wrote:your better off selling the orrignial 7v body and buy a custom made body in return:
- You can have swamp ash, which looks best
- The 7v body has a basswood veneer on it underneath the paint, it would look like crap.. ;)
I recalled reading an interview that Steve tried lots of different woods and settled on an alder body - are you sure it's not so? Sounds like you may know someone who tried it?

Anyway, I like your idea, but I'm a used guitar type of guy and the only new guitars I've ever bought have been my acoustics. I'll just start searching if I ever feel in the market and see what's out there on e-bay!

By the way, which ones do you have and which is your favorite live guitar?
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

akami wrote: I recalled reading an interview that Steve tried lots of different woods and settled on an alder body - are you sure it's not so? Sounds like you may know someone who tried it?
Hi,
It is indeed an alder body, but Ibanez found that the white paint would show the grain of the wood pretty severly after a little bit of time. To keep the solid white strong, they added a tiny layer of basswood veneer on the body. They do this with all alder bodys that get a solid paint. BTW, you can get a custom body from starting 250 dollars or so, you can easely sell a 7v body for the same amount (ie: to me....;) )

<back on topic>
I'm torn between Evo, Flo, Bad H, and the 7v tripple neck, I can't decide.
I actually dig all one-off's one way or the other.
Mikey wrote: There are two unfinished Jems:
"Bad H" and "Neville".
There are four by my count. Bad H (the one I copied), Neville, the Bad H with pyramid inlay (alhtough it's dificult to make out on the pic, it could be that that one has a laquer layer, slated as the orriginal Bad horsie used for the recording), and there's an unfinish hard-tail, with maple neck and a green vine inlay..... at least, that's how I counted.
ChromaticWanker

EVO
Ryan Layton
Banned

The Triple Neck Heart Guitar!!!!! Its beautiful and very cool. I love it
BSBoy

The Maple Necked BSB :D