2010 JEM7VWH - is that the ultimate jem guitar

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Reno

now that it comes with the edge bridge..

what u think?

i was thinking about replacing my lo pro with edge but there was never a gold one.....

hmmm..

pagliai

give a try to rich at ibanezrules.com he should get one edge for you
Vercetti50

Without the Ebony board, i cant find myself getting one post 03'
tom1325

Vercetti50 wrote:Without the Ebony board, i cant find myself getting one post 03'
+ 1, for me its not that either is better than the other, i just love the look of the ebony fretboard on the 7v
Vercetti50

tom1325 wrote:
+ 1, for me its not that either is better than the other, i just love the look of the ebony fretboard on the 7v
Agreed, I have a 03 7VWH with the ebony and a 77BRMR.

I love the BRMR more than my white one id have to say, but if it had that ebony board then it would just be perfect.
Reno

didnt vai have all his guitar neck with rosewood?

i like the ebony myself too

mine is 2002
Vercetti50

His guitars had rosewood after 04 or 05. Somewhere around that. I could be wrong. but the entire line goes through minor changes that cause most of the the purists to avoid certain years. Like the edge bridge..
Andrew J Dampier

Actually, gold Edge trems were available for a time....I had to do some digging, but about 10 years ago, I found one that I traded for the Lo-Pro on my 7V. It was aged a bit and I believe it came from a U.S. Custom, but it had good knife edge's and did what I wanted it to.

I haven't come across many others who have done the switch, actually, I don't recall any at all aside from Vai. I've debated quite a bit whether or not the switch from Lo-Pro to the Edge was for the better and I definitely think it's for the better. 10 years later my knife edges are starting to get a bit dull, but everything else still works fine.

I should add, I put the Edge on a 97' 7VWH, with an ebony board (obviously).

This is the ultimate guitar for me....although I am considering taking the pots from 500K to 250K....

I'm kinda glad Vai/Ibanez went to rosewood boards on the newer 7V's.....just adds to the specialty of having a pre-rosewood model! That and the fact that while I dig rosewood, I definitely prefer ebony first, maple second and rosewood last.
anuj

I scored an '88 RG560 from cragislist for a hundred bucks and immediately swapped the black edge from it onto my '02 7vWH. Best decision I ever made. :) I'm also in the same boat as you with regards to fretboard woods - love love love ebony, love maple, and will live with rosewood if I must. :P

~A