JEM volume/tone potis?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
pagliai

dimarzio 5 ways,normal switch but the quality is great
Patill

ah ok.

So if I´d like to have a normal 3-way switch from DiMarzio, which one would I take out of the list? It says "3-way switch for Tele" (which would be EP1105), I´m not soure if that´s ok for a strat like guitar (such as a JEM), or if it has to be a Tele. So if I take one of these does it fit and is it the right one?
Jeries

a telecaster 3 way switch wont fit in a strat or a jem

why do you want a 3 way?
you should get a 5 way if your getting Humbucker/Single/Humbucker(orsustainer)
Patill

no, I do have only 2 humbuckers in that guitar. And I won´t need the split of the HBs because it just sounds awful^^.
Jeries

you'd need a gibson style one i'd think... i dont think a tele would work... i actually have no idea.

get 3 humbuckers!
yummm
pagliai

Patill,what is the model of your guitar?
Patill

the model is strat like^^. Actually it´s called "M-Design", it´s a custom made guitar. Potis are on their way :).
pagliai

well i think the 3ways dimarzio must fit good on your guitar

anyway take some info from dimarzio but .....sound like it fits good
pagliai

ah just to be perfectionist.......mine in this post are just advices ,i am pretty sure steve's guitar are wired just like factory so with 500k B and A pots and 331/223 caps

i m sorry for this post and for all of the misunderstandings i could create
pagliai

oh i forgot.....maybe the 1meg in vai's guitar is on the tone ,maybe
Patill

hmm, but what you said before is, that you also read he´s using 1 meg pots and a 560pf cap. So now you say it was just an advice^^? Why?

Jeries also says he knows it´s a 1 meg pot.
pagliai

Yes Patill i did read it a lot of time ago,but just 'cause i did read it it is just like an advice not the truth,it was just about this,not my own advice but it was "just like"an advice not more not the truth.

i mean,it is not the real truth it was an article i did read.

then there are my thoughts about this thing but i think these are not important.

did you try the 1 meg pots?do you like them?
Patill

I didn´t yet, they just arrived (after a half year of waiting, thanks, DiMarzio...). But I will put them in, soon. I´m very curious about how it will sound.
pagliai

oh but there were on ebay......no?

also give atry to 1meg on tone ,i don't think steve uses them on volume,'cause of the rotation of the pot to obtain the clean from the distorted sound ,you know it.
di marzio at 8/9 (1meg)is already clean so it is not at volume in his guitar......my thought

anyway experiments
Patill

Actually, maybe Mikey or Jeroen can tell us what´s in Steves guitar right now (Pots and Cap). Please :)?