Flo replica

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
satch06

Hello!
I am making Flo's replica and I would like to know if could you send me quite Flo's pictures which you have.
Thank you
Jeries

i think flo has absolutely the worst sustainer install job i've ever seen...(no offense to whoever installed it)

so you may want to avoid the massive halfmoon black backplate on it

this is all it really takes...

loran333

flo is back routed , the massive halfmoon black backplate is for the sustainer card & the current back routed electronic. :)
Jeries

loran333 wrote:flo is back routed , the massive halfmoon black backplate is for the sustainer card & the current back routed electronic. :)
i know...and it doesnt have to look as bad as it does
look at mine above
satch06

pagliai

jeries,really congratulations....it is a really correct job,who is the man workin on it?

satch yes it is another good idea the larger pocket neck,yes
Jeries

Rob Super the owner of
http://www.guitarelectronics.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they do work on guitars all over the country luckily their shop is located 10 miles from my house

another cool thing Rob did for me is he rewired my strat... instead of Volume Tone Tone (which is useless, i dont get why they have indiv middle and neck tones yet strats have no tone for the bridge pickup)

i have it wired Master Volume, Master Tone, and Blend... so i can get every combination of ever pickup setting possible and blend... its like a strat and a tele combined with endless possibilities...

he also made me a perfect cover for that circuit hole that i now have on the guitar (he cut up a $10 white pearl strat backplate cover and made it for the sustainer cavity..

i realized in the process of getting a sustainer Ibanez RGs/and JEMS are the absolute worst guitars to have one installed into just because of the body shape and stuff (thats what rob said)

However, the fact that FLO has so much cut out of it for the sustainer is kind of crazy.

PS mine also has a built in N-Tune guitar tuner so the guitar has 2 9v batteries and under the pickguard is another rounting job for the other battery...

i'm really impressed with how perfect the install job came out- i expected half the back to be gone.
pagliai

absolutely a great job,really great

money?
Jeries

pagliai wrote:absolutely a great job,really great

money?
my sustainer install?
it was about $185 i think... a little less than 200
(the sustainer was 150 and the EVO2 pickup was about 60 i think)
with all the routing, install, upgraded jacks, battery pack wiring and everything, also a month later i gave him a $10 backplate and he cut it and covered the circuit board with it.
pagliai

absolutely great....Jeries a nice nice job
where did he put the sustainer knob?

anyway jeries if you can hear him,tell him congratulations 'cause it is a really nice job
Jeries

well that knob is actually a blend between the harmonic and non harmonic sustainer mode... i actually had a few posts about it before- i couldnt find one example of Vai using it or anyone pretty much... i have the FSK 101 so it doesnt have the knob and is a humbucker driver not a single coil with the extra knob/pot....

if i did get the other system like Vai has (single coil driver + knob) Rob would have remotely wired it so the circuit board would have been where ever and had the knob look nice whereever i wanted it...

ALSO his orig plan was to wire new switches off the board so he could put the circuit nicely and i could have the switches anywhere but instead he just dropped it in as you see...

here is the front...

since this photo was taken, all the knobs and screws have been changed to gold
pagliai

oh i understand it,yes,perfect

tell Rob congratulations and you too,nice job
satch06

I began inlays in mother-of-pearl:
satch06

satch06

Hello, I would like to know if on Flo pickups is Dimarzio Evolution or Dimarzio Evo2?
What is that Flo's pots Vol and Tone is the ones of origin or it are the ones of the Fernandes Sustainer?