Am I about to get scamed??

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Andreas Holand
Newcomer

So I know this guy who claims he own a JEM7v Custom, and says he has a laminated paper from The Man himself and Ibanez that states he's allowd to own the damn thing...
He says this version of the jem is slightly different from the stack version you can buy everywhere.. Different wood here and there, and electronics, and shit..
And that it suppose to be a lot more expencive.

Is this true?

He asked me if I wanted to buy the thing, but I havent seen it yet...
I'm about to go test it, and have looksie..

Do anyone here know if such a guitar exists??

I've never heard of it before, but if this is true, it would be kinda cool to buy it and own it.

Respectfully

Andreas Holand
teokiatuan

its most probably bullshit
take pics of the guitar and the papers and we'll know for sure
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Andreas Holand wrote:So I know this guy who claims he own a JEM7v Custom, and says he has a laminated paper from The Man himself and Ibanez that states he's allowd to own the damn thing...
He says this version of the jem is slightly different from the stack version you can buy everywhere.. Different wood here and there, and electronics, and shit..

Is this true?

I've never heard of it before, but if this is true, it would be kinda cool to buy it and own it.

Respectfully

Andreas Holand
Does sound very shady.

There are only a few 7vwh's from Steve that weren't factory made, but those were made from factory parts. As far as I know, Steve still owns these (Evo is one of them) except for one (Pogo), which went to one of his former tech's. These were prototypes anyway, but other than experimental pickups, not different than stock jem's.

Secondly, I've never ever seen a declaration that states one is 'allowed to own' a non-factory Jem. Steve has given away many prototypes and one-off's that are many times more interesting than a normal white jem with supposed different wood underneath, without any papers / COA's etc.

Get some pics from the guitar and documentation and we'll be able to tell for sure, but I'm betting it's BS.

J
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Andreas Holand wrote:So I know this guy who claims he own a JEM7v Custom, and says he has a laminated paper from The Man himself and Ibanez that states he's allowd to own the damn thing...

Is this true?

Respectfully

Andreas Holand
Get some photos if you can. It sounds incredibly suspicious to me.

Mikey
vai.com
Patill

Jeroen wrote: There are only a few 7vwh's from Steve that weren't factory made, but those were made from factory parts. As far as I know, Steve still owns these (Evo is one of them)
could you tell me what´s diffrent in Evo than in factory made guitars?
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Patill wrote:
Jeroen wrote: There are only a few 7vwh's from Steve that weren't factory made, but those were made from factory parts. As far as I know, Steve still owns these (Evo is one of them)
could you tell me what´s diffrent in Evo than in factory made guitars?
Location of assembly (California), prototype Dimarzio Evo's and black logo on headstock rather than black-gold (that neck has been broken and given away in 97).

J
Andreas Holand
Newcomer

I'm still trying to reach that sucker, but no luck yet..
I'll keep you posted.
pipowicz

Seems to be BS.
BSBoy

Where is the seller? If he's in the UK, it could be PIA?

Neville came with a laminated photo with a message from S Vai, so I'm guessing Red Lace and PIA did too as they were auctioned off at the same time?

Edit: Here's the one I got with Neville, addressed to Roland- the original buyer..