Vai's choice of tubes.

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
jonnyboy mills

not posted on here for a while. I cant believe you are all asking the same questions time after time. I also cleared up this matter a couple of years ago, you see at the time I owned one of steve's legacy amps that was used on the G3 2004 european tour. if you search my past posts then you will find it. hhhhmmm wonder if the same type of thread will be running again in a couple of weeks.
Patill

wow, you must be god then....
pagliai

Pvaijem,

are there some different components in the legacy you've got or it is original?

sorry i forgot to ask it to you last time
PVAIJEM
Newcomer

Hey Pagliai,
Nope,the amp is completely stock. These amps were sourced locally from dealers,only the tubes were changed.
Nothing special about it. If anything,although i got it at a good price,it was a bit scuffed up and a couple of the tubes
had microphonics,so they had to be changed. Hope this answers your query.
Cheers
Patill

microphonic?

As far as I know Steve from interviews about setups and gear I can tell that this would be the last thing he would tolerate in his rig.

And tubes don´t go microponic just overnight after one gig, no matter how hard you play your guitar. Actually I think Steve is smart enough to know which tube has to be balanced and silenced in the amps.

This sounds weird to me.
pagliai

Pvaijem,thank you again for your info ,golden like last time.

so,the amp was broken ...i seem....which problem ?tubes?
PVAIJEM
Newcomer

Patill,
I can't answer your query,they just were. It was what it was. Valves,like anything are prone to failure.
The one's that failed were the Electro Harmonix,and the SovtekWC. The rest were ok.
As to why,I don't know! Maybe the middle line of my last post explains it,as do some of the earlier posts.

Pagliai,
The Legacy has had all it's circuit boards replaced,as the amp had a fault,and it's now working fine.
My neighbours hate my late night jam sessions :lol:
pagliai

all of the circuit board....wooooooooooow!!!

the tubes was broken 'cause of it

pvaijem.....best of luck with you neighbours ahahahahhahaa .....it is a mess ......big mess