Why no Psychedlic guitars in the Ibanez lineup?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
BigBadMoFoGangsta

I want to either purchase A)the guitar Steve holds on the cover of Passion and Warfare or B)the clear psychidelic guitar shown on the Visual Sound Theories DVD cover. Does anyone know if Ibanez has plans to produce any guitars in these styles? Dont they release a new Vai Signature guitar every year or is it more spreadout?
Jemaholic

Sadly, I haven't heard about any swirled options for 08.

Steve's shown with a UVMC on P&W - very few were produced and when you do find one they are now in the $4,000. range in decent condition.

You CAN find them occasionally in the Jemsite and Ebay - don't blink cause they will be snatched up in minutes.

-jemaholic
GuitarBizarre

Easiest way to get a swirl finish these days is to either do it yourself or find a guitar shop that'll refinish it for you.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

BigBadMoFoGangsta wrote:I want to either purchase A)the guitar Steve holds on the cover of Passion and Warfare or B)the clear psychidelic guitar shown on the Visual Sound Theories DVD cover. Does anyone know if Ibanez has plans to produce any guitars in these styles? Dont they release a new Vai Signature guitar every year or is it more spreadout?
As mentioned above, the swirl guitar similar to the one on the cover of Passion and Warfare was commercially available in the early 90s, but now you can only find them used, and be prepared to pay a premium price for one.

The clear guitar with the color swirls in in from the Sound Theories DVD cover is available now (it was released last year) but again, these guitars were made in a limited run and are expansive.

I'm not sure about future plans to create swirl guitars, but I would speculate that they're looking to do something new, rather than retrace old steps.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Petie

If you're really into that look you can buy a guitar and have it painted by someone like Herc Fede. Here's the one I'm putting together at the moment.

n4eanm
Newcomer

I have a 1990 UV77MC the right price will get it you can see it on the jemsite under galleries I think its on page four says owner russ or on myspacecom/anthonystacy