Vai about the True-Temperament System and his new Doubleneck

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Kurac777

I hope this wasn't posted elswere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4d88wV7yXQ

Peace. (:
Ugur Dariveren

I just seen the video. True temprement really looks nice. I wonder how it feels.
Breeder

I seriously want one :!:
and what is about that sustain? that is sick! are you sure he didn`t use compressor or something?
Zeds.Ded

feed back from the amp probably.

great video! thanks. i love Steve's expression at 2:35 :wink:
EyE

I wonder, will the new true-temperament set-ups eventually make it's way on future Jem necks?
Kurac777

Another very interesting Interview about his current setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYQrpkoDktE
resha

Thanx *****!

About sustain I don't think it's feedback... it's really incredibile!

I think I'm gonna try one of these beasts whenever I got the opportunity to...

WOW :shock:
Zeds.Ded

on my legacy at pretty much any volume you get infinite sustain, thats why it thought so. but who knows
Ugur Dariveren

Sustain thing lil feedback I think.
resha

I really don't think it's feedback as the note keeps on sounding the same and dose not become a "hi-screaming-thin stuff" and when Steve moves it does not change at all (which would have happened if it was feedback).

Also Steve touches the strings with His left hand while moving; when on feedback this would usually cause the "original" note to change a bit and this does not happen in that video

But I can be wrong :? :roll:
Breeder

I mean he talks about overtones resonating...but with what do they resonate that can cause so much sustain when he holds one string?
I guess it is all just result of whole guitar set up :?
resha

Breeder wrote:I mean he talks about overtones resonating...but with what do they resonate that can cause so much sustain when he holds one string?
I guess it is all just result of whole guitar set up :?
Yeah for sure it is about the whole setup, but the overtones of gutiar are sympathetic so when you only play one single note its overtones will resonate naturally with the wood and the other strings :wink:
Surtr

Thanks for those vids...
Booligan

creating something like that is forgetting all about the guitar. it´s too hi-fi. only people with the perfect pitch may hear that a certain chord is a bit out of tune. Like Steve says there, it´s the nature of the guitar and we should just get on with it and ROCK.
Breeder

Booligan wrote: only people with the perfect pitch may hear that a certain chord is a bit out of tune. Like Steve says there, it´s the nature of the guitar and we should just get on with it and ROCK.
yea ,then me and loads of people I know have perfect pitch... :roll: I somehow doubt it...i tested some people who even don`t play an instrument and most of them hear something is "wrong"...
:P

But who gives a damn...you are right...get on with it and ROCK!! :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar