Sustainers & New Tour

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Chris99

On the First track of the new album does steve use a Sustainer?? Where else? He gets good effects with it.
Zeds.Ded

id say he uses it on every song, whenever he uses Flo he almost naturally uses it for some things, even small little things, i bet he doesn't even realize he's using it! oh and its an for all of 'Im becoming'
Chris99

He blends it with the middle pickup I guess?

Its the legato playing he gets it, You can catch FtLoG and Lotus Feet on Youtube, he uses Flo. Probably his best guitar :) out of the 4 JEMs though and I guess he tends to not give Evo any more abuse, though she ain't for orchestral music.
Zeds.Ded

im not sure is the sustainer can be split with the middle pick up to be honest, but the sustainer in Flo is also the pick up, the driver and humbucker are in the one (neck position) doesn't sound bad for a sustainer pick up!
Chris99

Im thinking of getting one for my strat that I made, which i will eventually sell. I'm never the one to copy Steve like many other people, but I can make and exception, Im more worried about my playing than my equip :)
Zeds.Ded

i think Sustainiac do a strat style sustainer, check it out here

http://www.sustainiac.com/stplus.htm
TRIDS

I know for a fact that when the sustainer is engaged only the bridge pick up is on there is no way that you can blend any other pickups when its engaged. I know cause I have one. When the sustainer driver is not engaged then it is a regular neck pickup.
catscratchfever

steve uses flo on the murder, the murder prologue, gentle ways, im becoming (obviously), ftlog, salamanders in the sun, and liberty. on kill the guy with the ball and the god eaters he used a jem7vsbl, and on answers and the attitude song he used a jem7dbk.
Chris99

A humbucker size sustainer anyone???

I'm playing a fat strat thats why. Though I will wire it myself and hope it all aint too confusing as I have a Single Coil wired in Neck, Middle and Jeff Beck HBer in bridge
Zeds.Ded

yep, the humbucker kit is what Steve uses

i think its this one

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/fsk101.html
quiksilver98

Chris99 wrote:He blends it with the middle pickup I guess?

Its the legato playing he gets it, You can catch FtLoG and Lotus Feet on Youtube, he uses Flo. Probably his best guitar :) out of the 4 JEMs though and I guess he tends to not give Evo any more abuse, though she ain't for orchestral music.

NEVER! Evo is his best guitar and it's the guitar he loves the most!
Chaddy
Newcomer

Zeds.Ded wrote:yep, the humbucker kit is what Steve uses

i think its this one

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/fsk101.html
No, Steve uses the Fernades FSK 401.
The Single-Coil-Driver-Pickup is in the neck position and next to it there is a white dummy Pickup to fill the hole out. The Middle-Single Coil is a DiMarzio Evolution and the Bidge Pickup is an Evolution 2. With the 3 pot knobs Steve is able to control Volume, Tone and the Sustainer-Tone.
TRIDS

yea steve has the single coil one. i know because i have the double coil one and on that one you can't use the blend feature only on the single coil version. I don't get why, but that'a the way it is.
Legbur

can you play with the sustainer in the neck position normally, and does it sound any good,
Ekim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kzP4-RghME

Here's a cool Sustainer demo video.