Steves cables in the effects way?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
NOT!!!

Hi!

I wonder, which cables Steve is using in the Effects way???

Also his DiMarzio Signature cable (or the normal DiMarzios, which are the same ;) )?

Or any others?

Thanks!
EyE

DiMarzio Jumper cables ;)
NOT!!!

lol, no! They´re not long enough to reach from the Legacy to the Rack/G-Force (or G-System).

He uses only one of them, and that goes out of the DS-1
EyE

lol Thought you were talking about the cables between the pedals/effects on the floor!? hehe
NOT!!!

;)

I mean the longer ones :). I wonder if they´re also DiMarzios. The thing is, I´m gonna buy me a DiMarzio Cable, and I thought, why not buy three! But they´re very expensive, and I wonder if they´re good for the effects way!

And, with my personal experience, I´m always looking for Vais and Petruccis setup before I buy something, and it always (!) was the right choice, so I think my taste is similar to both, maybe a middle way!

And btw, I´m not buying my stuff to be like Vai or Petrucci :roll:, it´s just quality and fits into my preferences.

So what cables does Vai use for his effects loop? I hope someone knows!!! :?

Jeroen?????????????????????????
Jeries

i was lucky enough to audition for Steve on guitar and keys earlier in may...and after thomas fired the amp and stuff for me he handed me a cable...i dont know what kind it was but it was like no other cable ive seen before..it was HUGE it was like as thick as a speaker cable and the 1/4 inch plugs were MASSIVE... definatly not one of the new dimarzzios
Big Bad Bill

Jeries wrote:i was lucky enough to audition for Steve on guitar and keys earlier in may...and after thomas fired the amp and stuff for me he handed me a cable...i dont know what kind it was but it was like no other cable ive seen before..it was HUGE it was like as thick as a speaker cable and the 1/4 inch plugs were MASSIVE... definatly not one of the new dimarzzios
That's intriguing. I hope one of the Mods can enlighten us?
quiksilver98

I've been told by I don't know how many people that the George L Cables are the best for effects. Apparently they stomp Dimarzio right out of the game.
Luminescence

NOT!!! wrote:;)

I mean the longer ones :). I wonder if they´re also DiMarzios. The thing is, I´m gonna buy me a DiMarzio Cable, and I thought, why not buy three! But they´re very expensive, and I wonder if they´re good for the effects way!
Since when are dimarzio cables expensive?
NOT!!!

since I can´t shit money anymore :roll:
quiksilver98

NOT!!! wrote:since I can´t shit money anymore :roll:
Agreed.
NOT!!!

dies anybody have an idea? 8)
8bigtubes

I'm sure Mikey knows.

Doesn't look like he's using the DiMarzio cable. His main cable is green in color and has a big ass connector with shrink tubing.
seljer

The cables that come after any buffered outputs (eg: after a buffered pedal, from the FX send) are not as crucial to your tone as the cable that going from the guitar to the first thing in your signal chain. The electronic buffer kind of fixed the majority of issues with loss of the high end in the cable.
Last edited by seljer on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
EyE

I took some pics of the cables from his pedal board.