Steve's guitar sets

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
theollieb

Before you tell me to look on Jemsite, I already Did..It confused me a good lot...
Can somebody just tell me what sets are made for/because of Steve Vai.
I know theres JEM and Universe. But Jemsite confuses me, and I'm not sure what other ones are made for/because of him...
seljer

err, sets?
theollieb

Eh, you know what I mean Like JEM and Universe. I know there's the Jem 7's 77's and 777's and 555's, but and there's the Universe ones, but what others?
seljer

thats pretty much it apart from a select few anniversary models (the JEM10th, JEM20th, JEM90 and JEM2KDNA)

heres a little chart of which years they produced what (its missing the last 2 production years)
http://www.jemsite.com/jem/production.htm

though I haven't really figured out if theres any differences in the nameing scheme for between 7 <-> 77 <-> 777
its best to just treat each model invidually
theollieb

Oooooh so JEMsite had exactly what I needed...thanks
NOT!!!

that´s it, concerning guitars.

If you look for other stuff than guitars, there´s also some stuff, of course!
VaiEvo

Steve uses Ibanez JEMs and Universes (his own custom line). As far as the 7,77, and 777s, there doesn't seem to be a real corrolation other than what he feels like naming it. That list on Jemsite is pretty helpful.

Outside of guitars, Steve also uses Carvin Legacy amps (his own custom line; they're pretty good, my cousin has one and I played through it; amazing amp, I'd get one if I had the money) and Morley Bad Horsie and Little Alligator pedals. He also has some Eventides, a Boss DS-1, a Boss CE-5, a Digitech Whammy, etc... check this out: http://vai.com/Machines/livegear_firegarden.html
That's the most recent update from the Fire Garden tour.
quiksilver98

I make the JEMSSG (Sound So Good) ;)
theollieb

Its good to be part of such a knowledgable forum :)