Steve Vai Marshall Amp Settings

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Dror520
Newcomer

I searched and searched and I couldn't find any information about Steve's Marshall amp settings....

Can any one plz help me ??

ty !!!!
quiksilver98

Also me please!
sunai

little help here
RAI

What are asking exactly?

Are you asking for settings that will give your Marshall a Vai sound?
Or are you asking what settings Steve has on his Marshalls?

Steve (generally) does not use Marshall amps. Of course, I'm sure he owns a few, and may even sneak one in here and there, but nothing major.

Maybe you guys are specifically inquiring about the settings Steve used for the Masterclasses (I believe) where he was playing on borrowed equipment...?

Please enlighten us!
8)
Dror520
Newcomer

I'm asking what settings Steve used on his Marshalls in Passion & Warfare album
seljer

theres so many different tones on that album that you'd really have the specifically single one out

and even then, theres all the other stuff that comes on top of it in a studio recording (further EQing, compression...)
sunai

makin it simpler
wat are the settings for ftlog??
and did he use bogner uberschalls for playin "the animal"???
resha

sunai0804 wrote:makin it simpler
wat are the settings for ftlog??
and did he use bogner uberschalls for playin "the animal"???
I don't think at that time Bogner already made the Uberschall :roll:
sunai

coz in the g3 vid the 1st 1 wid the eric johnson,when he plays ftlog u can see bogner's in the background,(tht sounds cool),and i was thinkin he probabaly used it on the aniaml coz i heard the have a way heavier sound
seljer

sunai0804 wrote:coz in the g3 vid the 1st 1 wid the eric johnson,when he plays ftlog u can see bogner's in the background,(tht sounds cool),and i was thinkin he probabaly used it on the aniaml coz i heard the have a way heavier sound
the Bogner he had there was an Ecstasy which isn't such a high gain amp as the newer Uberschall is (its at about the level of most Marshalls or his Carvins and such...)
he used the Ecstasy all over Sex & Religion and Fire Garden

The Animal's heavy sound is thanks to a pitch shifter effect adding another note a fifth lower. I think you see him step on a Boss DS1 in the Astoria DVD for that part.
tony2500ie

No guys,

On sex and religon Steve used an ADA MP-1 into the return on a Marshall JCM 900. Steve did start using the Bogner for toruing that album. I know this because he told me himself.

P & W Steve mainly used Marshall's (some modded by Lee Jackon) and a Soldano head.

From there he went to the Carvin Legacy.
joshua202020

That's good info but I think I've seen a pic in this forum once where the knobs of a specific amp setting were shown.. I'm not sure if it's Joe's or Steve's or Eric's settings but I'm sure its here somewhere.. Do you have a link to that? I've searched hard but didnt find anything.. Maybe in the Amp and Gear forum but I really need a link..
tony2500ie

Hi there...

I think you might be thinking of his Carvin Legacy setting which are on the Carvin Site..

By the way I own a Legacy and it really is Steve's tone..

Not completly the same (as tone is in the players fingers etc) but simular to my ears..
Dror520
Newcomer

no one really answered my question ....
I would like to know what settings did Steve use in FTLOG ....
tony2500ie

I am not sure if anyone (except maybe one guy) knows the answer to that question !