Jemini pedal

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
miker

So... two distortion pedals or an overdrive and a distortion pedal?... they look the same (same controls). Guess I'm confused... but, that's easily done. :lol:
TheRocKsTaR777

ok now im confused..someone said it was a 2 identical distortion pedals,and now its an overdrive,and a distortion..ahh..its all soo confusing.
laficojr

TheRocKsTaR777 wrote:ok now im confused..someone said it was a 2 identical distortion pedals,and now its an overdrive,and a distortion..ahh..its all soo confusing.

As far as I know, they're not identical. And besides, that wouldn't make so much sense at all.
My guess is that one of them sound like the DS-1 and the other one like the Ibanez Tube Screamer.
miker

You'd think they'd make that distinction on the pedal... so you could SEE it?!

OD and Disto would be cool... but two Disto's?!

Not very clear marketing.

Pedal sure looks cool though... whatever it does. Don't think I'd buy it just for that, though.

Look... the Jemini has "DRIVE," "TONE," and "LEVEL" controls on both sides. A Tube Screamer has "DRIVE," TONE," and "LEVEL" while the DS-1 has "TONE," "LEVEL," and "DIST" so... the Jemini is two... two... two tube screamers in one?!?!?!?!?
TheRocKsTaR777

miker wrote:You'd think they'd make that distinction on the pedal... so you could SEE it?!

OD and Disto would be cool... but two Disto's?!

Not very clear marketing.

Pedal sure looks cool though... whatever it does. Don't think I'd buy it just for that, though.

Look... the Jemini has "DRIVE," "TONE," and "LEVEL" controls on both sides. A Tube Screamer has "DRIVE," TONE," and "LEVEL" while the DS-1 has "TONE," "LEVEL," and "DIST" so... the Jemini is two... two... two tube screamers in one?!?!?!?!?
Good eye there miker..makes sense.
resha

I dont think the JEmini circuits are the same.

And even though they're identical you can always set them differently, just like havong two TubeScreamers or two DS-1s :roll:
fyrie

It's very blurry, but here is where the rumor of identical pedals is coming from:

It appears to read "two identical distortions" on the fifth line of the description. Who knows, maybe it's just a faulty description of the product. I've heard of bigger screw ups.
miker

Pic from Fyrie's post -- what I'm seeing it says wrote:After developing so many guitars with Steve Vai, the long wait for this pedal has all been worth it. All aspects of the JEMINI are expressions of him, as are his ???. Within the multi-colored die-cast casing, two identical distortions are built in for a variety of sonic ocassions...
??? = amps

Thanks fyrie... I think that clears it up pretty good.

I think the "rumor" comes from the original pictures of the pedal at NAMM and such... both sides of it look... THE SAME!
TheRocKsTaR777

axes..thats what it says..atleast thats what I can make out..dual distortions..hmm.
sidedoor charlie

go visit sam ash site.

search jemini and it has a brief description.this should clear things up
RAI

"How could it be two of the same....??!?!?!?!?!?!?!"
Hmmmm, it's all in the name, guys.

"Sign: Gemini
Sign: Gemini - Astrology Encyclopedia
Definition of Sign: Gemini The Twins. The third sign of the zodiac. Its symbol represents two pieces of wood bound together, symbolical of the unremitting conflict of contradictory mental processes. The Sun is in Gemini annually from May 21 to June 20. Astrologically it is the thirty degree arc immediately preceding the Summer Solstice, marked by the passing of the Sun over the Tropic of Cancer, and occupying a position along the ecliptic from 60° to 90°. It is the Mutable quality of the element: positive, dual."
miker

You are basing this off your interpretation of the name... based off the original spelling and Greek origin, RAI?!?!?!

What factual evidence have you seen otherwise that would lead yo to believe it is two different pedals?! How could you think that?

Righ back at'cha fella... :wink:
RAI

I'm simply pointing out that if it is two of the same pedal in one, it shouldn't be a surprise. It's been in front of us the whole time:
Gemini

Also, no one has ever said that the two pedals would be different. That has been an assumption based on Steve using both a TS and a DS.

I don't know what it is, but plenty of people have been assuming what it should be.

That's all....

:)
Last edited by RAI on Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miker

sidedoor charlie wrote:go visit sam ash site.

search jemini and it has a brief description.this should clear things up
Who cares what's on Sam Ash's site?! Really.

How about what's on the Ibanez site:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/effect ... 8&cat_id=6

Shouldn't they know what the hell they are selling? Didn't they co-develop it?
www.ibanez.co.jp wrote:After developing so many guitars with Steve Vai, the long wait for this pedal has all been worth it. All aspects of the JEMINI are expressions of him, as are his axes. Within the multi-colored die-cast casting, two identical distortions are built in for a variety of sonic occasions: and the unique large LEDs tell you they are in operation not only on a dark stage, but even under the daylight. Not just a twin distortion pedal, the Ibanez JEMINI powers you and your axe up as it does Steve and his guitars.
miker

Sorry RAI... I'm easily confused :oops: :lol: