Jemini pedal

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
stutrol
Newcomer

Jemfever wrote:
stutrol wrote:for what its worth i played through a friends the other day and spent some time churning some sounds out.....and quickly re recorded one of my instrumental tunes using both the red and green channels, the pedal was use with a old 35watt peavey envoy amp set to crystal clean.....

you can listen here.....

http://www.stutrol.com/audio/STUTROL-Dance_with_me.m3u
First of all: nice playin' man and thanks for the effort of recording.

The Jemini sounds kind of digital to me. Did you use it in front of a clean amp?
cheers
yup in front of a clean peavey envoy, its on its last legs...
8bigtubes

pjaydee wrote:Interesting... sounded more Satriani to me??hmmm. Im not sure the Jemini is supposed to recreate Steves tone, i think its just a tube screamer and a distortion in one. Whereas the Satchurator does recreate Joe's tone.

Looking forward to hearing more before i decide which way to go.
Guys, please don't forget the fact that the Satchurator is meant to be a stand alone distortion box. Unlike the Jemini, the Satchurator was not designed to be a boost pedal.

The Jemini was clearly designed to replace both of Steve's boost pedals. It was not designed to recreate Steve's main distorted rhythm tone, which is all Legacy.
pjaydee

8bigtubes wrote:
pjaydee wrote:Interesting... sounded more Satriani to me??hmmm. Im not sure the Jemini is supposed to recreate Steves tone, i think its just a tube screamer and a distortion in one. Whereas the Satchurator does recreate Joe's tone.

Looking forward to hearing more before i decide which way to go.
Guys, please don't forget the fact that the Satchurator is meant to be a stand alone distortion box. Unlike the Jemini, the Satchurator was not designed to be a boost pedal.

The Jemini was clearly designed to replace both of Steve's boost pedals. It was not designed to recreate Steve's main distorted rhythm tone, which is all Legacy.
Thanks man thats what i was trying to say :D
ZappaIrl

why havent the other people who got the pedal, left a review/their opinion of it on this thread? and havent put up a video on youtube? i'd be interested to see what people think of it first hand.
pjaydee

ZappaIrl wrote:why havent the other people who got the pedal, left a review/their opinion of it on this thread? and havent put up a video on youtube? i'd be interested to see what people think of it first hand.
Me too!
wireman24

Were is Vai's demo of the Jemini??
I would really like to see how he is using it and what it sounds like through a legacy and a jem.

Mikey can you tell us when the video will be available?
Stephen Brown

ZappaIrl wrote:why havent the other people who got the pedal, left a review/their opinion of it on this thread? and havent put up a video on youtube?
To busy enjoying the pedal. 8)
wireman24

To me from what I have heard so far the Jemini only gives a slight boost. Also from what i have listened to it seems that there is little difference between the two footswitches. Also it seems a little artificial. Now on the other hand the Vox Satriani pedal seems to do a boost much better and the sound quality seems to be better as well. On top of that you can go from a boost to an all out scream with it and the two switches do sound alot different. Like I said in my previous post I hope Steve has his demo of the jemini posted pretty soon. I could see alot of people not buying from the samples we have heard so far. The Jemini has some pretty stiff Competition from the Satriani pedal especially since the Vox has a lower price.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

wireman24 wrote:Were is Vai's demo of the Jemini??
I would really like to see how he is using it and what it sounds like through a legacy and a jem.

Mikey can you tell us when the video will be available?
Should be a few days away. It's very cool, and I think it will answer people's questions about how it works and how it sounds.

Mikey
vai.com
pjaydee

Awesome, thanks Mikey! :D
LinFilouX

We stay tuned Mikey ! 8)
wireman24

Thanks for letting us know Mikey I can't wait.
drfoster
Newcomer

ZappaIrl wrote:why havent the other people who got the pedal, left a review/their opinion of it on this thread? and havent put up a video on youtube? i'd be interested to see what people think of it first hand.
i work away from home.and i don't have a video camera.haven't touched the pedal since sunday and i can't wait to get back at it.
Voyager7

Sounds like it's a cool pedal! :shock: Boost!!!
wireman24

Hate to be a pestering b*#ch but I still can't wait to see that demo video.
It's been almost a week since they said it was going to be a few days untill we see it. UUUGH it's killing me :)