Jemini pedal

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Svelt Pen

8bigtubes wrote:Thanks for posting the video ZappaIrl :D

Now I need a video of the pedal boosting a Legacy ! Using a Jem too !

I'm sure that's what everyone is waiting for :D
Not me...If I wanted to hear a Jemini boosting a Legacy with a Jem, I'd go to a Steve Vai concert...Come on, let's see what else this pedal can do.
8bigtubes

Svelt Pen wrote:
8bigtubes wrote:Thanks for posting the video ZappaIrl :D

Now I need a video of the pedal boosting a Legacy ! Using a Jem too !

I'm sure that's what everyone is waiting for :D
Not me...If I wanted to hear a Jemini boosting a Legacy with a Jem, I'd go to a Steve Vai concert...Come on, let's see what else this pedal can do.
I'm cool with hearing what else the pedal can do but come on, the pedal was clearly designed to replace both of Steve's boost pedals. All that means is that the Jemini will primarily be used as a boost pedal. I want to hear how it compares to the DS-1 and Keeley Flexi in terms of solo boosts cos' that's how Steve uses them.

If I were to get one, it would be used as, well, a boost for my Legacy so that's what I want to hear it do.
Darth Fader
Newcomer

I got mine yesterday, so far so good!
LinFilouX

It seem like you can only choose the overdrive or the distortion. Is it possible to get both, and in this case : Is the Distortion wired before the OD or after ?

The Red channel seem to have far less gain that a DS1. :shock: Steve settings show that he kranks the gain on tthe red side to 3'o clock, but on a DS1 he more to 11' o clock.

Can any one confirm that? :?:
ZappaIrl

ya have to remember, that was the bridge pickup of a Telecaster. Imagine how much harder the Jem will push the pedal. The little mic on my camera cant do the pedal justice... the pedals are different, the mic on the camera doesnt convey it well... but i dont have a better set up for recording videos or whatever.

what everybody really wants is the full on video of steve vai demonstrating the pedal, this is really slow in coming, which is very bad marketing on their part. even the video post i made, might have even turned some people off the jemini, and onto the satchurator. the satchurator isnt even out yet, and i could watch 2 different (professional) video's of joe playing it months ago.

the 2 pedals cant be worked together, and to be honest they wouldnt wanna, the noise from one on it's own is enough.

if the jemini misses out, and the satchurator sales soar(which i think they will), it's because of lazy marketing in my eyes.
LinFilouX

Sure a telecaster is different of a Jem ! Jem's humbukers have mutch more low end because of the Evolution pickups and in fact it makes a big difference in the way a distortion pedal works !

Any way thank you ZappaIrl for your reactivity in supplying us a video !

The instruction manual isn't availiable on Ibanez.com. Does any one of you ( the luky guys who received their Jemini ) Have the instruction manual ? Perhaps there are more clues on how to use it eficiently ?
drfoster
Newcomer

got mine today.will mess with it all nite to see what it can do.

ZappaIrl

I'd like to hear the other guys reviews of the pedal, any chance?
stutrol
Newcomer

for what its worth i played through a friends the other day and spent some time churning some sounds out.....and quickly re recorded one of my instrumental tunes using both the red and green channels, the pedal was use with a old 35watt peavey envoy amp set to crystal clean.....

you can listen here.....

http://www.stutrol.com/audio/STUTROL-Dance_with_me.m3u
ZappaIrl

link doesnt seem to wanna work for me.
stutrol
Newcomer

strange......
go to www.stutrol.com, go to music and look for a audio stream called 'dance with me'
hopefully that should not fail.cheers
stutrol
Newcomer

this site is kakka for url's.
paste the web address into your browser lol
sorry matey! :?
ZappaIrl

sounding good stutrol.
pjaydee

Interesting... sounded more Satriani to me??hmmm. Im not sure the Jemini is supposed to recreate Steves tone, i think its just a tube screamer and a distortion in one. Whereas the Satchurator does recreate Joe's tone.

Looking forward to hearing more before i decide which way to go.
Jemfever

stutrol wrote:for what its worth i played through a friends the other day and spent some time churning some sounds out.....and quickly re recorded one of my instrumental tunes using both the red and green channels, the pedal was use with a old 35watt peavey envoy amp set to crystal clean.....

you can listen here.....

http://www.stutrol.com/audio/STUTROL-Dance_with_me.m3u
First of all: nice playin' man and thanks for the effort of recording.

The Jemini sounds kind of digital to me. Did you use it in front of a clean amp?