Jemini pedal

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
pjaydee

WOWEE!! Awesome dood!! Any chance of a you tube demo??!!!
Breeder

ZappaIrl could you be bothered to make little youtube representation? :mrgreen:
ZappaIrl

ill see if i can manage it tonight, because id like see a demo of it too, if i didnt have it. ive never put a video on youtube...so i dunno how to do it. dont expect anything too great.

i wish the steve vai demo of the pedal was available though...
bennyvx78

ZappaIrl wrote:Could be wrong, but, from what I've heard there's like 4 different patterns of swirl!?

So if anyone in europe wants one, www.thomann.de have them in stock.
4 real? .. I thoughed mikey said that the pedals won't
be avvailable until august?.. and it isn't august yet.

Talkin' about august, any-one wanna give me one for my birthday on the 22nd? .. :D
stutrol
Newcomer

are you sure you guys are not confusing the availability of the jemini with that of the satchurator?
I thought the jemini had been available a few months now....
the satchurator is due to be dispatched mid august.....

lol im confused.
damn just coupled up a keeley ds-1 with a monte allums ds-1 on my board....
i really want either the satchurator or the jemini but it all may be unessasary now!!!!uhhhhm
geetarmeister
Newcomer

Just received mine this afternoon, will post pics soon and clips later this week. I'm not allowed to post links as I've just joined, been lurking for a while. Anyone want to post the link to my pic? Look forward to contributing to this board more.
8bigtubes

Here it is in the flesh folks, forumite geetarmesiter's brand spanking new Jemini pedal :D

So dude, all we need are clips of this beauty :D
ZappaIrl

I tried to put a video up, but the thing i have for recording video is bad. The one min video i tried to put up was 760Mb. so.... i didnt, plus the sound on the video wasn't great.

I also noticed that the swirl on this jemini, is different to mine. which is good.
LinFilouX

You can try to compress it with memcoder or another tool like it. 760Mb for 1 min : It seems that you recorded it it a TV card or something like so the video is encoded raw ( series of bitmaps ).
boswell

ZappaIrl wrote:I also noticed that the swirl on this jemini, is different to mine. which is good.
Thats cos it's a Chineese fake :wink:
ZappaIrl

Oh God, say it ain't so! The "Ibanex Dave Eye Pegal" on the box, did get me suspicious. lol

After plugging in, i have noticed it to be fairly buzzy at the highest gain settings. especially the right side. i was playing with single coils, because that's all i use, but in my set up they dont suffer with any major hum usually.

but that being said, drop it back a fraction from the max DRIVE setting, and the buzz disappears very fast.

The Tone of the Distortion on both sides, is nice, i really like it. The low strings are really bassy even when the tone is in the middle, id prefer it a little brighter, so ill be turning the tone up a nice bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MymYEBgqhkw

I put up a very rough demo, but you can hear my camera focusing and stuff.... just a little idea of what it's like(i play close enough to the same riff, for a reason)
wireman24

Thanks for posting the video.
I have been wanting a demo for a long time.
What kind of amp are you running it into?

It would be nice to here it with some humbuckers through a half stack.

This is the second demo I have heard with this pedal and right now I have to say I am leaning a little more towards the Vox Satriani pedal. What do you guys think?

I can't wait to here Vai's demo of the pedal.
Svelt Pen

So far, it's not impressing me at all...The Satchurator sounds like a much better pedal, and it's 2 distortions in one at half the price...
stutrol
Newcomer

satchurator by far......affordable and yes sounds simple yet versatile!
8bigtubes

Thanks for posting the video ZappaIrl :D

Now I need a video of the pedal boosting a Legacy ! Using a Jem too !

I'm sure that's what everyone is waiting for :D