Jemini pedal

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Svelt Pen

Ekim wrote:It would be nicer if they did samples like Keeley's site. With the pedal "Off" and then "On" to hear the contrast.

Who knows what gear they used to make those samples.

And is that link correct that these are limited edition pedals not to be made for normal production?
I totally agree...They could have used a crappy solid state combo to record with, and a $100 POS guitar...I would think that the pedals would be mass produced...Maybe Mikey could shed a little light...
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Steve filmed a demo video for it the other day... stay tuned.

In the meantime, there are other fun things to look at on the Vai.com News page...

I'm off on a holiday.

Mikey :)
vai.com
wireman24

Thanks Mikey
I can't wait to hear Steve's demo video of the pedal.
Big Bad Bill

There's a review of the Jemini in this months Guitarist UK magazine. Although the final rating are very favourable indeed, but reading between the lines some of the text hints at it not being versatile. It was an odd review on the whole, with the conclusion that if you're a Vai fan, buy it, if you're not, then maybe don't!

It looks pretty funky and if I had a spare £149, I'd buy it just for the paint job!
lydian2000

Big Bad Bill wrote:It looks pretty funky and if I had a spare £149, I'd buy it just for the paint job!
And so would I! but I already own a DS-1 and a tubescreamer...although I'll try it at soon as it arrives in my local shop, it will be interesting to read comparative reviews with what I think is its main contender the "satchurator".

The jemini looks more appealing to me(I said "looks"...not "sounds")for now.

:peace
Surfingalien

I read this on that site:

Shrouded in mystery, the highly anticipated, limited-run Jemini Distortion pedal has arrived. A twin-stomper that's had Jem forum-junkies clamouring for details ever since it was spotted at 2008's NAMM show, one glance at the finish and signature reveals it to be the first Ibanez Steve Vai signature stompbox.

Is it realley limited?
and how limited if i may ask?
eledance

Mikey wrote:Steve filmed a demo video for it the other day... stay tuned.

In the meantime, there are other fun things to look at on the Vai.com News page...

I'm off on a holiday.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Holiday????????

deserved!!!!!!! :P

Rob.
Big Bad Bill

Surfingalien wrote:Is it realley limited?and how limited if i may ask?
Yeah I thought the same thing. Maybe they mean the swirl paint job will be limited.
Stephen Brown

Big Bad Bill wrote:
Surfingalien wrote:Is it realley limited?and how limited if i may ask?
Yeah I thought the same thing. Maybe they mean the swirl paint job will be limited.
Nop..I think they mean the whole line is limited. That's the impression Guitarist gave me. Good review of the pedal in this/last months. I never buy the mag anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Holiday.
Have a great one. :wink:

Why is it so hard to get any information about the Jemini's release?
LinFilouX

Does anyone know why availiability date of the Jemini isn't fixed ? Are there issues in the production ? :?: :(
Surfingalien

The sound clips sound realley good to me :D
Especially the right pedal.

now waiting for the release of it...
drfoster
Newcomer

should be shipping in 2-3 weeks.heard today
Playloud78
Newcomer

I beleive the Jemini is just a Fairytale i have never before seen a product have so many release dates. On one site alone the date has been in a constant state of change since may. We have heard through this site since may also that it will be just "a couple more weeks" how did that turn into "a couple more MONTHS". Soon i fear it will be YEARS. You would think the least they could do is tell the truth, is it this year, next month, tomorrow? I think they are going to discontinue it before the release date that way they can "leak" the few they actually made to the bay and sell them at $777.00 and only to those who own a Jem 20th.
pjaydee

I for one cant wait to see the demo vid...do the pedals have unique paintjobs?