Jemini pedal

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
TheRocKsTaR777

#76 Post by TheRocKsTaR777 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:04 pm

the jekyll and hyde does sound kick ass..a friend of mine has one and it really beefs up his strat..he plays that thru a JCM 900..sounds wicked.I hope the jemini sounds as good and better..

Shade

#77 Post by Shade » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:22 am

Even the stock DS-1 has an amazing tonal range. Mind crunch to chunky rhythm to searing lead with a single turn of a knob. And to mine and many other's ears, sounds good through both cheap transistor amps as well as big tube rigs -and- is a good starting point for many well known mods such as Keeley's. All for just 40 bucks.

Even if the jemini were two identical distortions, which has been proven to not be the case, it would still be an extremely versatile pedal. And I would imagine it would sound better/different than a stock DS-1 and include an even wider range of gain and tonal possibilities.

Lo Lo

#78 Post by Lo Lo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:20 am

TheRocKsTaR777 wrote:the jekyll and hyde does sound kick ass..a friend of mine has one and it really beefs up his strat..he plays that thru a JCM 900..sounds wicked.I hope the jemini sounds as good and better..
Yeah.....It's the best pedal I've ever tried!

On the TS-808 side it adds a bass boost option which really adds bottom to the traditional 808 sound.

On the DS-1 side it adds a added EQ knob and a sharpe/blunt switch whick I think makes this side sound even better than the Keeley mod.

I can really get any sound I want out of the Jekll and Hyde.

It will be interesting to hear what the Jemini sounds like.

Copet
Newcomer

#79 Post by Copet » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:49 pm

I'm still relatively new to pedals and such. I got a DS1 for Christmas and love it, so whats the advantage to having the Jemini over a DS1 and TS? Does 1 less connection make the overall sound better? Less power consumption? Will too many connections ruin my tone?

EDIT: Also, what Tubescreamer do you think this is similar to, the TS7 or TS9 that I'm looking up on Musicians Friend?

Surfingalien

#80 Post by Surfingalien » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:17 pm

Take a Maxon OD if you want the best TS 8)

Jeries

#81 Post by Jeries » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:12 pm

jemini's in the latest sam ash catalog
List $285
sale price $199

(dont buy it from sam ash though they suck and i hope they go out of biz)

bobtrack
Newcomer

#82 Post by bobtrack » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:17 pm

Hey guys I put my money down for a jemini a few days ago and today to my surprise I got a phone call saying the pedals IN! If I have time tomorrow before work I'll pick it up if not I"ll pick it up Saturday and post my first thoughts on it that day.

TheRocKsTaR777

#83 Post by TheRocKsTaR777 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:14 pm

bobtrack wrote:Hey guys I put my money down for a jemini a few days ago and today to my surprise I got a phone call saying the pedals IN! If I have time tomorrow before work I'll pick it up if not I"ll pick it up Saturday and post my first thoughts on it that day.
post some vids too..that would be awesome..it would give us all a taste..

8bigtubes

#84 Post by 8bigtubes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:29 pm

bobtrack wrote:Hey guys I put my money down for a jemini a few days ago and today to my surprise I got a phone call saying the pedals IN! If I have time tomorrow before work I'll pick it up if not I"ll pick it up Saturday and post my first thoughts on it that day.
Have you tried the pedal yet ?

guydixon
Newcomer

#85 Post by guydixon » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:08 am

Hey bobtrack - its been a week now. Is the Jemini so good that you can't stop playing long enough to share your thoughts with the rest of us?

TheRocKsTaR777

#86 Post by TheRocKsTaR777 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:12 am

guydixon wrote:
Hey bobtrack - its been a week now. Is the Jemini so good that you can't stop playing long enough to share your thoughts with the rest of us?
LMAO!!

Guitarmiester

#87 Post by Guitarmiester » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:06 pm

How's that pedal working out for you? You've left everyone waiting! :lol:

indeedido

#88 Post by indeedido » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:02 pm

Why are you guys so anal about it being labeld OD and Distortion? Can you not remember Left and Right? I've never seen such animosity about labels.

bobtrack
Newcomer

#89 Post by bobtrack » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:20 pm

sorry i was on a school trip and not really a big surprise to me but my music store ordered me a STEVE VAI bad horsie wah pedal... I was pretty bummed when I went to the store to pick it up. Oh well I guess I"ll just have to wait with you guys to see what its like

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#90 Post by Mikey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:54 pm

The pedal isn't actually available on the market yet.

We'll be posting news about it on Vai.com when it is.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com