Ibanez Jem77VBK

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#16 Post by Jeroen » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:46 am

RAI wrote:True, but do note that the 77VBK has a bound body.
Since when do JEMs come with a bound body?
Ah, since the BRMR.......
:wink:
The 10th? :P j/k

Anyway, besides how this jem came to be, I think it's a beauty!
J

TRIDS

#17 Post by TRIDS » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:15 pm

I checked at sam ash and they already are selling these things at $2,099 US i would rather have the 7vwh for that price its a higher quality guitarthen this one

*theanimal*05

#18 Post by *theanimal*05 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:47 pm

guys remember the pickguard is a mirror.
i think.....

guitarman13

#19 Post by guitarman13 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:13 pm

TRIDS wrote:I checked at sam ash and they already are selling these things at $2,099 US i would rather have the 7vwh for that price its a higher quality guitarthen this one
The quality of the Jem77vbk is just as good as the vwh. The only reason why the vbk might be a tad cheaper, is because it has a basswood body; basswood as a little bit cheaper than alder. Otherwise they both are superb guitars.

TRIDS

#20 Post by TRIDS » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:00 am

The 7v is a little higher quality because it has an alder body(better then basswood) and EVO pups are better then breeds imo. I think that this guitar should have been priced at like $1800.

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#21 Post by Jeroen » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:03 am

TRIDS wrote:The 7v is a little higher quality because it has an alder body(better then basswood) and EVO pups are better then breeds imo. I think that this guitar should have been priced at like $1800.

Both have nothing to do with quality, but personal preference. (Almost every Jem, including top of the line Jems like the 10th and the DNA have been basswood). One is not 'better' than the other, just diffrent.
Which PU's you like is totally a matter of taste, not quality.

:)
J

Mr. Bluesman

#22 Post by Mr. Bluesman » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:26 am

Jeroen wrote:
TRIDS wrote:The 7v is a little higher quality because it has an alder body(better then basswood) and EVO pups are better then breeds imo. I think that this guitar should have been priced at like $1800.

Both have nothing to do with quality, but personal preference. (Almost every Jem, including top of the line Jems like the 10th and the DNA have been basswood). One is not 'better' than the other, just diffrent.

J
To some point, yes. But just because someone likes Squier pickups better than Seymour Duncans doesn't mean that SD aren't better. :wink:

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#23 Post by Jeroen » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:51 am

Mr. Bluesman wrote:
Jeroen wrote:

J
To some point, yes. But just because someone likes Squier pickups better than Seymour Duncans doesn't mean that SD aren't better. :wink:

..........given the choise between Dimarzio Breeds and Evolutions....

j

Petie

#24 Post by Petie » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:48 pm

Jeroen wrote:..........given the choise between Dimarzio Breeds and Evolutions....
....which sell for the same price... therefore it's not really fair to use the pickups as an example of why the black Jem should be cheaper than the white one.

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#25 Post by Jeroen » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:54 pm

Petie wrote:
Jeroen wrote:..........given the choise between Dimarzio Breeds and Evolutions....
....which sell for the same price... therefore it's not really fair to use the pickups as an example of why the black Jem should be cheaper than the white one.

I was replying to TRIDS who thought the new jem to be of lesser _quality_, one of the reasons being that it had breeds rather than Evo which he thinks are better than Breeds.
I'm saying that the diffrence between Evo's and Breeds are personal preference and one isn't better than the other.

J

resha

#26 Post by resha » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Hey guys calm down! I just think they (ibanez) have made some tests and maybe the breeds have better results with basswood and so evos with alder.

Or another reason can be found in Evo Herself which has evos and so it's been a kinda marketing-oriented decision from the factory; anyway the pick-ups can always be replaced so it comes to tonal preference between basswood and alder!

@TRIDS: I think you should go out and try both the guitars before saying the new model has not the same quality :roll:

TRIDS

#27 Post by TRIDS » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:52 pm

when i made that post i said that was just imo. and i have tried both sets and i like the evos better because they are hotter, but i just meant to state my opinion in the first place. and opinion aside basswood is less expensive then alder not to say when is better then the other tone wise.

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#28 Post by Jeroen » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:11 pm

TRIDS wrote:and opinion aside basswood is less expensive then alder.
Yep, it is. But then there's binding on that basswood body, which probably will negate the alder-basswood price diffrence, so.. ;) I believe list price for the 7vwh and 77vbk is the same which sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Ofcourse, being in Europe, we pay the US list price..... in Euro's anyway (which has nothing to do with Ibanez btw). :)
--
J

the.hell.raiser

#29 Post by the.hell.raiser » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:54 am

slash89 wrote:
the.hell.raiser wrote:I love it and I want it. Not too bright like the Jem7v and almost looks like it was born from the UV777 and the Jem7v.
I don't find the Jem7v too bright :?
It is compared to this one.

hspno300
Newcomer

#30 Post by hspno300 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:40 pm

when can you order it? cause i really want to add it to my collection. and how long do you think itll take to arrive