VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:15 pm 

so if one COULD get and Eventide "vs." a G-System, is it a "hands down" win on the Eventide?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

altruistik wrote:
so if one COULD get and Eventide "vs." a G-System, is it a "hands down" win on the Eventide?

Really depends on what you want to do with it. For gigs, ease of use with not too many bells & whistles, the TC gear really rocks.
If you want to go off the deep end with all sorts of harmonizing, filtering etc etc, the Eventides are great pieces of outboard gear. Perhaps less suitable as a regular all round guitar FX processor due to overkill & complexity.
J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:17 pm 

........and I am such a fool, because I didn´t take the time to read all the stuff from the real illusions album! :cry:

where as the exact same modulation comes from the G-Force! But that proves another point, you can never stop learning! even when your over the hill! :wink:

oh well, I´ll just sit back and read and let the rest do the Talking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:30 am 

Jeroen rules again!!!
Eventide is a wow workhorse in fact the price is more high but g force is more easy with good converters is more ......live eventide is more.........hot but the price is higher ,solution? both of them with a line mixer ahahahahahaahhah but maybe eventide in studio gforce live is the solution

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:31 am 

[img]http://www.rocktimes.de/gesamt/r/alexander_rudzinski/pics/equipment.jpg[/img] I just thought I would display my rig so not everybody thinks I am a doork!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:36 am 

Nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:36 am 

Why am I always having problems uploading pictures?????

I just wanted to upload a picture of my Gear to justify that I am not some kind of dork and that I do know a little about this stuff, but the pictures won`t load???? :oops:

I guess I am a dork!?! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:38 am 

HUH????

how did that work???..... anyway, those are my 2 racks, what you don`t see is the Plexi, the Jcm 800 and the other 3 4x12`s and the pedal board.

missing are also my Les Paul and my main guitar the green meanie 2!!

I will try to get them up also!

cya,

amokout! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:40 am 

@alruistik??....what am i doing wrong??? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:43 am 

amokalex wrote:
@alruistik??....what am i doing wrong??? :shock:

did you post b4! you loaded the picture completely to your server?
time delay etc......u did fine! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:58 am 

altruistik wrote:

ok what about G-Force ? or the * TC G-Major effects processor
???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:48 am 
Newcomer

There a just published story on Vai and G-System on the TC website: http://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=8873

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:59 am 

Very Cool! Thanks!

Steve Vai Takes Guitar Effects to a New Level
– The Floor!

No introduction needed. Source of inspiration to thousands of guitar hopefuls around the globe – the essence of virtuosity – this guy’s a living legend. The intriguing part, however, is yet to come:

Steve Vai Ditches His Effects Racks
That’s right! His entire setup is now down to a G-System plus a few stompboxes and expression pedals. Boldly, you may say that cutting his hair symbolizes cutting with past.

This may come as a serious blow to a great many gear aficionados who for decades have seen Steve Vai as the epitome of inveterate rackism. What’s really intriguing is what drives this icon – a true innovator of guitar settings and playing techniques – to approach TC on his own free will. A guitar authority like him probably drowns in profitable offers from a wide range of manufacturers who’d be just thrilled to see this guitar vanguard use their equipment?

Steve Vai with the G-SYSTEM
Click to enlarge
Tested on Zappa Plays Zappa Tour
Taking time off from his tour with Dweezil Zappa; “Zappa Plays Zappa”, Steve Vai elaborates on his choice of effects setup: “For years, I’ve considered TC’s G-Force the ultimate guitar processor simply because it sounds good and is very user-friendly. Only, the G-System is much more convenient because you have everything on the floor right in front of you”.

We couldn’t have put it more precisely ourselves. We’ve always believed that unsurpassed quality and user-friendliness are the two paramount parameters when trying to make a stand in the gear jungle. For a floor-based guitar processor, a third and equally important parameter prevails: Durability. It must withstand the repeated punishment of heavy touring activity. We’re just thrilled to see that the real world experts agree with us.

“During the 3 months I’ve had the
G-System it’s proven to be very reliable and bulletproof. This is the set up I prefer”
Steve Vai

Steve Vai using the G-System
Click to enlarge
You might wonder whether Steve Vai is only gonna use the G-System for guest appearances such as on the ZPZ tour where an easy setup may come in pretty handy and then still require his full conventional racks for headlining and G3 tours.
“I’ve programmed it specifically for the ZPZ tour, but during the 3 months I’ve had the G-System, it’s proven to be very reliable and bulletproof this is the set up i prefer. It is also extremely practical in the sense that you don’t need a rack so I have two systems now, one for the road and one which I can leave set up in the studio for recording with.”

Steve Vai with the G-SYSTEM
Click to enlarge
Driven By Simplicity
– Convinced By Quality
Recent years’ reflection upon complexity of life has made Steve Vai realize that changes were inevitable. Although the expression of his work may still remain complex his overall outlook on life is now that of simplicity. “When life turns too complex it affects people negatively – I know, ‘cuz I’ve been there” explains Vai.

For an artist whose musical trademark has always been anything but that of simplicity, it may appear as a paradox, but, adds Vai: “On the contrary – it makes perfect sense to me. It’s kind of a counterbalance to my professional expression.”

And the G-System seems to fit right in with that philosophy: Using the cutting-edge digital effects of the G-System while at the same time letting it control the switching between clean and overdrive channels on his Carvin VL100 Legacy amp, punch in/out his Analogman-modded DS1, Keeley-modded Tube Screamer and MXR EVH Phase 90 analog stompboxes while deploying his Morley Bad Horsie 1 wah seems to be the mere manifestation of his devotion to simple living – on stage and off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:25 pm 

Must buy one... oh and a carvin head for teh-toneness..

Yeah I used to gig with a lot of gear and in the end it was a really beat up RP1 and a starfield stero amp head, I can see where Steve is comming from, if it works break and keep breaking it untill you know it simpley works.

peace
cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:50 pm 

From looking at the picture, here's what he isn't using that the G-System provides:

-Phaser
-Wah
-Volume
-Tuner
-Whammy

I've heard people say the TC-E doesn't have a great phaser so I'm not suprised that he has the EVH on there.

I have a bad-horsey 1 and I tend to only use the G-system wah.

The tuner on the G-system is as accurate as most stomp tuners, but I too have been running a strobo stomp.

I use the G-system whammy. I don't own a digitech whammy so I don't know what I could be missing.

I use the G-system volume as well. I don't own a Little Alligator, so I don't know what features it has.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next