Mojo...

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
nienturi

#16 Post by nienturi » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:32 pm

Jeroen wrote:
nienturi wrote:I saw a threat on jemsite about cracking surface on one of his mirror jem. Was it "Bo" ?
No, that was the first prototype. And given the amount of abuse Mojo gets, I think it's safe to assume that the cracking issue has been solved :)
Can you advice "go and you can buy that jem7brmr, trust me, there will be no cracking on it" ???
;)

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#17 Post by Jeroen » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:36 pm

Depends on what you do with it ;)

Al I'm saying is that it's not as fragile as some folks tend to make you believe...

J

SRVoodoo

#18 Post by SRVoodoo » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:39 am

so you're saying that the Mirrored Jems were in the making BEFORE 2003 when the Bridges were changed to the Edge-Pro???

...and why is there no Vine on the neck? :?

nienturi

#19 Post by nienturi » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:19 am

This may be because of to get places for the L.E.D.s ?
If there was vine inlay, LEDs would seem less impressive (as i have seen on simscustoms gallery years ago)

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by Jeroen » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:33 pm

SRVoodoo wrote:so you're saying that the Mirrored Jems were in the making BEFORE 2003 when the Bridges were changed to the Edge-Pro???
Yes, the prototypes that is. Look at the Astoria DVD (particulary the song "Bad Horsie"). It's from 2001.
...and why is there no Vine on the neck? :?
No clue. Ask the designer ;)

J

SRVoodoo

#21 Post by SRVoodoo » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:58 am

Jeroen wrote:
SRVoodoo wrote:so you're saying that the Mirrored Jems were in the making BEFORE 2003 when the Bridges were changed to the Edge-Pro???
Yes, the prototypes that is. Look at the Astoria DVD (particulary the song "Bad Horsie"). It's from 2001.

oh that's right!
I usually ff through that song on the dvd so i forgot all about it.
thanks again Jeroen ...btw, awsome pics in the "compressor thread"
8)

frenchfred

#22 Post by frenchfred » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:16 am

werehere wrote:What's mean of Mojo?
I read in a steven seagal's interview (don't laugh) that mojo is a talisman... Is it right :?: :?:

EyE

#23 Post by EyE » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:11 am

yep!

Steen

#24 Post by Steen » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:23 am

Igor wrote:sustainer and dummy cover in the neck position.. leds

here are some good pictures
http://photobucket.com/albums/a263/Igor ... 220051.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a263/Igor ... 220052.jpg

oh.. and it's a custom.. i asked him about the leds and if he got any idea how they get em in.. told me he got no clue and is wondering about that. prolly through the trus rod haha.. was a funny moment
A bit late, but that last one. That is some real wallpaper quality on that one. :wink:

Passion & Warfare

#25 Post by Passion & Warfare » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:16 am

Igor wrote:sustainer and dummy cover in the neck position.. leds

oh.. and it's a custom.. i asked him about the leds and if he got any idea how they get em in.. told me he got no clue and is wondering about that. prolly through the trus rod haha.. was a funny moment
Sims custom drill a channel at the side of the fretboard to place the cables there. The channel is routed in the fretboard. nothing occurs to the neck or the truss. And the do not remove the fretboard :-)

greetz

http://www.marsman-music.com

ocxcxd

Re:

#26 Post by ocxcxd » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:02 am

Jeroen wrote:
hartfolk wrote:Hi,
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think Bo and Mojo are not simple production models, because both got lo-pro. The prod. mods. got edge-pro.Am I right?
Bence
Well, as stated, Mojo is a prototype. Which was build before the introduction of the Edge Pro systems. I don't know Bo, haven't seen that one.

j
You can see BO at the Astoria DVD, on WTWTA DVD, here and here .

BO is the first BRMR prototype, that was made around 2000-2001. It is named BO after Bad hOrsie, because there are already BAD H. and BH II guitars. BO features a "clear" reflective mirror and LED's all across the neck - before the 1st fret, this guitar also has a laser in the headstock. It has an LED switch below the sustainer switches. Firstly, it had a neck with the Tree of Life inlay, and big Ibanez logo (LACS style, like Evo's first neck...) which you can see here. I guess BO received the second neck around the time of the Live At The Astoria DVD, when Steve was in UK so SIMS delivered it. Pickup polepieces are black.
MOJO was made around 2003-2005 and it features more cloudy finish, and different headstock logo (bigger, in LACS style). This guitar hasn't got an LED before the 1st fret, and the LED switch is positioned above the sustainer switches. Pickup polepieces are chrome.
CHU is the production model. Mirror type looks like a mixture between BO and MOJO. This guitar also features the sustainer, but hasn't got the LED's or the regular fret marker before the 1st fret. Bridge isn't the same as production one. It's an Edge Lo-Pro.

EDIT: More detailed description and pictures. Fixed links.