where does vai get his eq settings?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
kareem86

Hi folks,
just wondering what does steve use as an eq on his presets. his amp got only 2 channels and he uses the clean channel with ds-1, so this leaves him with only one preset of eq, so where does he get his eq changes when he for example switches between his rhtym and his lead sounds. The TC G-Force does not offer a bass, mid, treble type eq. So in simple: where does he store his eq settings on his presets?
kareem86

anyone??
RoiMichael

kareem86 wrote:Hi folks,
just wondering what does steve use as an eq on his presets. his amp got only 2 channels and he uses the clean channel with ds-1, so this leaves him with only one preset of eq, so where does he get his eq changes when he for example switches between his rhtym and his lead sounds. The TC G-Force does not offer a bass, mid, treble type eq. So in simple: where does he store his eq settings on his presets?

Ther e's many possible places he can get it from, if yo check his rack effects. But if you have see him on stage you'll notice that there is 3 legacy heads. (I think that they belong to him but is possible that they belong to Tony). But I think that g-force has parametric eq so you can set the parameters to match bass mid treble if you want.
kareem86

as far as I know 2 of those 3 amps are back up (in case anything goes wrong) and I am not sure if you can save the eq settings on geforce on presets. It's I guess more like a "master" eq for all sounds.
Andelusion

Vai has used a DS-1 as a "Gain boost for solos" for ages, so that sounds to me like he doesn't change the EQ and just increases the gains if he's swtiching from rhythms to leads...
kareem86

he uses carvin head for rhytm and carvin + ds-1 for solos. carvin should have a midi out or something so that he can switch between the cleans and distorsions from midi board. I get it now!!
changer

Amp wise I think its just a stereo rig.

Two cabs and one head for each cab. ( one sitting there as a spare ).
I think he just uses the preamp section on one of the heads and "sends" from that head to fx rack with one side of a stereo return going back to
both heads power amp section.

As for eq. There's eq for both preamp channels on the amp, and probably some sort of tone perameter on most of the fx settings ( dunno if its adjusted or not )
kareem86

hmm makes sense