steves legacy 'presence button"

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Post Reply
bkornaker1977
Member
Member
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:22 pm

does steve actually use this "presence" button on the clean channel? Does he use it all the time, or is it just there for an added feature of the amp for more versatility......but he himself doenst really use it?

I noticed on alot of threads people ask for his amp settings and such, but no one really asked if he uses this button on his clean channel........
Real_Confusions
Member
Member
Posts: 918
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:47 am

bkornaker1977 wrote:does steve actually use this "presence" button on the clean channel? Does he use it all the time, or is it just there for an added feature of the amp for more versatility......but he himself doenst really use it?

I noticed on alot of threads people ask for his amp settings and such, but no one really asked if he uses this button on his clean channel........
I don't know if he does or not (I'm sure he does, if the button is there), but you can see Vai's amp settings on Carvin's website.

Try here: http://www.carvinguitars.com/vai/settings.php
bkornaker1977
Member
Member
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:22 pm

yes, but its hard to see if the button is pushed in or not..........
Real_Confusions
Member
Member
Posts: 918
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:47 am

bkornaker1977 wrote:yes, but its hard to see if the button is pushed in or not..........
Like I said, I'm sure that Steve does use the "presence" button. After all, he spent a lot of time with Carvin designing this amplifier to be perfect, so why would he add something he wouldn't use?
goodwill559
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:00 pm

...he uses it quite a bit around dec 25...
:lol:
:oops:
Real_Confusions
Member
Member
Posts: 918
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:47 am

goodwill559 wrote:...he uses it quite a bit around dec 25...
:lol:
:oops:
lol
RAR!
Member
Member
Posts: 527
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:25 pm

man, that was a total Paul Gilbert joke.

Lame, but very amusing too. :)
bkornaker1977
Member
Member
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:22 pm

yes, one can assume that he uses it because its in his amp that he helped and created. But also think this.........his amp has a reverb knob, and didnt anyone always notice from live photos his is always set at zero (0). He doesnt use it!
goodwill559
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:00 pm

RAR! wrote:man, that was a total Paul Gilbert joke.

Lame, but very amusing too. :)
Yeah, it's from one of his instructional videos, but it was on my mind because i saw Paul Gilbert two weeks ago at a clinic in Concord, California.
Real_Confusions
Member
Member
Posts: 918
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:47 am

goodwill559 wrote:
RAR! wrote:man, that was a total Paul Gilbert joke.

Lame, but very amusing too. :)
Yeah, it's from one of his instructional videos, but it was on my mind because i saw Paul Gilbert two weeks ago at a clinic in Concord, California.
Lucky you.
goodwill559
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:00 pm

Yeah, it was a blast. I had found some video clips from a clinic he did in Seoul, Korea at racerxband.com and knew what to expect. And of course he exceeded expectations!
When it came time for some requests, i had to shout out "Two Become One!" It's an awesome medley of the Spice Girls 2 Become 1, the solo from Stairway to Heaven, then ends with Sweet Leaf. I saw it on the Seoul, Korea clinic video clip.
Afterwards he said, "that was a nice request, thank you."
It's funny because the audience started out skeptical, afterall, you don't expect to hear Paul singing a Spice Girls song at a guitar clinic, but he won them over and it really rocked!
matt43
Newcomer
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:39 am

bkornaker1977 wrote:yes, one can assume that he uses it because its in his amp that he helped and created. But also think this.........his amp has a reverb knob, and didnt anyone always notice from live photos his is always set at zero (0). He doesnt use it!
But live there would be natural reverb so it wouldn't be necessary.
wadso_
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:49 am

goodwill559 wrote:When it came time for some requests, i had to shout out "Two Become One!" It's an awesome medley of the Spice Girls 2 Become 1, the solo from Stairway to Heaven, then ends with Sweet Leaf. I saw it on the Seoul, Korea clinic video clip.
Afterwards he said, "that was a nice request, thank you."
It's funny because the audience started out skeptical, afterall, you don't expect to hear Paul singing a Spice Girls song at a guitar clinic, but he won them over and it really rocked!
You got a video of that? It sounds too good to be true 8)
User avatar
lydian7
Member
Member
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:55 pm

Real_Confusions wrote:
bkornaker1977 wrote:yes, but its hard to see if the button is pushed in or not..........
Like I said, I'm sure that Steve does use the "presence" button. After all, he spent a lot of time with Carvin designing this amplifier to be perfect, so why would he add something he wouldn't use?
Steve doesn't use the reverb function on his amp (he uses delay to emulate reverb), but I'm sure he included it just so people have the option to use it at their discretion.

Steve does use the presence button though, judging from his settings according to Carvin.com.
Post Reply