Which amp (or song) has the best "Vai sound" ?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
carlygtr56
Newcomer

I like the Legacy tone, but there is no denying the G3 dvd Bogner Ecstasy tone. It's a bit more organic and squishy to me.

Having owned TWO Bogner Ecstasys thru the years, I'm ticked off I never kept one. At the time I had them, I wasn't going for that tone, so I moved on to other amps.
PureVa|

which G3 did he have that on? denver?
carlygtr56
Newcomer

PureVa| wrote:which G3 did he have that on? denver?
The first G3 dvd, with Eric Johnson
Integrum

I actually like Steve playing the Legacy. I have startet to like that whole dark-sound-thingy he has been up to lately. But if I had to pick the ultimate Vai-tone, my pick would be the Bogner XTC. It's an amazing amp.

I sold my Bogner Ecstasy 101B a couple of weeks ago, and I have started to miss it a bit. :(
treeduck

I tihnk the best thing to do is work on developing your own tone really. No one is gonna be able to sound like Steve exactly and even if they did they'd then be a Vai clone and what use is that to anyone?
Drew the Magnificent

Am I the only one on this forum who loves his tone from the old Carvin X100B amps?

Go watch the end of the movie "Crossroads" and tell me that tone isn't bad azz. Not as smooth as the Legacy and not as refined as the Bogner (which I still love the best) but I just find it odd that noone here has mentioned his first "signature" amps. :?