Guitar Same LIke EVO

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Gabriel Perat

thanks Jeroen for the aclaration! you're the man! :D
aerocol

This is incorrect.

Look at any of the early 93 photo shoots ( styles and secrets tab book, guitar world etc) with Vai and EVO. The pickups have gold polepieces....

col
KNOX

I'm pretty sure Jeroan knows what he's talking about. Just because a picture sows somehting its only a snapshot of that moment in time - what came before and what comes after is a whole different story! The pickups may have been changed a whole 1000 times.....
miker

EVO's pick-up poles are not gold... the pictures in "All About EVO" show this -- and when I checked out the guitar at the EVO experience in April of this year... they were still not gold. Jeroen is correct on this point. If you read "All About EVO" you will find out that Steve does not change pick-ups on EVO -- read about the tech that changed a pick-up and see what happened...

I guess the AANJ was added in a later mod... like FLO...

aerocol

Yes I know EVO now has black polepieces and an Edge trem, but I was referring to this:

My (very) uneducated guess would be that Evo was one of the early production runs, hand assembled in the customshop by Mace Baily and fitted with the evo's (and you can see they are prototype Evos, they lack the gold polepieces).

The first EVO vai used had the AANJ and gold pieces, infact it was exactly like the stock 7vwh you could buy at the time with the ebony board. The only thing different seemed to be that vais scallops seemed quite deep compared to the shop stock you could buy......

aero