Guitar Same LIke EVO

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
drake

Hi all.I want buy guitar same like EVO,but i can find 1.I know that all 7vwh are not the same 1.Plzz help me here..correct me if i'm wrong
knarfzednem

evo is just Vai's first signature guitar from ibanez.so you could buy a new jem7vwh and replace all the gold hardware to match evo's,but all the jem7v's are basically the same.
Wis Redz of Silvanost

evo is the first signature guitar? hardly. all the vwh's are not the same of course. If you want something closer to evo than '04 and '05 vwh's you should go with a 90s vwh. Evo has the original edge so you want that on it etc. But you cannot get the exact same sound out of it.
EyE

knarfzednem wrote:evo is just Vai's first signature guitar from ibanez.
Ibanez and Steve introduced the Jem for the firsttime back in 1987. The Ibanez Jem777LGN was the first Jem that came out. Just thought you should know. :wink:

Ibanez JEM777LNG
Serial #870032

Gabriel Perat

yes, but EVO was the first JEM7VWH :wink:
knarfzednem

sorry.musta been kinda tired when i put that.i forgot all about the changes in the jem over the years.oh well.it's still the most beautiful and AWEZUMMM guitar in the world.
Wis Redz of Silvanost

Hardly, again. There is always the JEM10th...
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gabriel Perat wrote:yes, but EVO was the first JEM7VWH :wink:
I'm actually pretty sure it's not ;)

J
Gabriel Perat

Jeroen wrote:
Gabriel Perat wrote:yes, but EVO was the first JEM7VWH :wink:
I'm actually pretty sure it's not ;)

J
really? :shock: why not? I'm sure that I did read that somewhere :?

Can you tell us what youy know J please? :mrgreen:
Wis Redz of Silvanost

when you think of it actually it is easy to conclude that evo is not the first vwh. It is quite impossible to think that Ibanez releases a guitar without having a prototype. Surely EVO cannot be the first vwh. I just assume but do not know anything substantial about this.
ax murderer

EVO was one of the first four prototypes surely? all with pickups named after harley engines... steve liked the evolutions better than the others, and the rest is history, right?
SemiShred

exactely what i wanted to type
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's an obscure little factoid, but the 7v colorscheme was prototyped in 1989. Pre AANJ era, so it had an original Neckjoint. That's also the reason (supposedly) that there are scalloped frets on 7v's, because it was designed before the AANJ was designed. Hence, EVO, POGO and two others where production guitars, but all with prototype pickups.

My (very) uneducated guess would be that Evo was one of the early production runs, hand assembled in the customshop by Mace Baily and fitted with the evo's (and you can see they are prototype Evos, they lack the gold polepieces).

BTW, I don't know whatever became of that orignial neck-jointed vwh....
But I sure love to find out :)

J.
ax murderer

that'd make sense i suppose. speaking of scallops and prototypes, i REALLY want the scalloped Jem10th that i believe was in the ibanez catalogue of the time. also, i really want the 777LNG that Mace Baily is pictured with on Jemsite, with the semi-rounded pickguard. hell, i just want any Jems i can get my hands on.
drake

thnks guy