Steve ever use a Js1000?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
hoiguy79
Newcomer

Hi to all first post hahahaha, I'm a huge fan of satriani but also of Steve, my question is...Have Steve ever use a Joe Satriani signature guitar? Because I haven't seen a js guitar in his gear?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

I'm not sure how often Steve plays it, but he does have a white JS 1000 in his collection. I've photographed it, but haven't added it to the guitar collection gallery yet. It lives in his studio in Encino.

There it is on the top right..

Mikey :)
vai.com
Birdman

Looks like an EVH Music man or Peavey there too. Sweeeeeeet
RAR!

Whaaat?

I see neither.
RAI

I'm with you...
What Peavey?
What MM?
GuitarMofo23

I see a mandolin.
EyE

I don't see it but......... if some of you guys still remember the vid that was in the "video vault" awhile back. I believe it was a vid for some Pet-show, you see Steve sitting down and playing Evo and in the back of him the wall with all the guitars shown. Some where in the back you see a Music Man EVH. Remember :wink:
ax murderer

am i right in thinking that the black Jem down the bottom, near the right may be a purposeful strat copy?

unpainted headstock, plain white pickguard, maple 'board with 21 frets and looks like it only has a single coil at the neck. i don't think i've ever seen that guitar before. does anyone know anything about it?
RAI

I think you're talking about this one:
http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitarpages/guitar116.html
ax murderer

cheers bud! i usually look through that section a lot, but some guitars refuse to load for some reason. must've been one i've missed all these times.

nice guitar, that! not sure about the finish though! didn't Dave Weiner recently copy this styling idea with his RG7?
Luan

wow!

all those guitars!!

If you go to that room is like to be in an orgy room, I mean, I choose this room full of guitars :D

I know that Joe has an Ibanez universe, does Joe has a Jem?
Kazelfox

Hey, look! It's Steve's Tom Anderson guitar! Nevermind. I don't think Joe ever had a JEM. Oh, any of you got a picture of Joe and his Universe (or only his Universe)?

P.S. Steve has a Telecaster? I didn't know that.
hoiguy79
Newcomer

Thanks Mikey, I knew he must have one of this, in G3 a lot of guitar as presents (he may also have a fender Malmsteen, or a Music Man Petruccie) hahaha.

I do not know if there is photo of joe playing a Universe, but he says he has one and he used it for the seven strings parts on the "Strange beautifull" record; look in this interview:

http://www.ibanez.com/artists/interview ... t=Satriani
Cesar Huesca

The Dreamstrat... The strangest guitar I've ever seen on Steve's hands.

Regards.
Last edited by Cesar Huesca on Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAI

I don't think Steve owns that Strat.
That was just a little "photo opp", while he was trying it out...

:)