Steve's Pro Tools system on ebay

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
kettil

Quote directly from ebay:
"The Casey Lee Ball Foundation, a nonprofit organization benefiting pediatric kidney research, will auction off Steve Vai's Personal Pro Tools system by Digidesign. All proceeds received from this auction will go directly to UCLA researchers dressed in white coats!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=15199
Willin

Oh my goodness! If this is real, it says that they send you out to California where Vai shows you how to use the Pro-tools system! How cool!
Tom

Wow. Just checked my wallet; this won't happen for me. But wow. Maybe Steve left a hidden track in the computer somewhere for the lucky winner to re-discover.

It's so cool that Steve is donating the proceeds from these auctions to charity. I'm a huge fan of course, but I am continually impressed with his generosity. And his discipline in getting rid of clutter.
jmchambers5

wow, this is really freaking cool. too bad if i sold everything i own, i still couldnt get it. maybe the bank will give me a loan. Mikey, have you heard anything about this? Im kind of surprised that something like this hasnt been put in the news section.
Ant711UK

My god thats gonna cost someone a lot of money!

I hope someone from the forum wins it and posts the details for us all to read.

If I won it I'd buy a book on Pro Tools and spend the day playing guitar with him instead 8)
Reaper

Ant711UK wrote: If I won it I'd buy a book on Pro Tools
with what?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

hi - only heard about this on the weekend.

Will be adding it to the site today along with something else..

- Mikey
shader

This is liek a giant sweepstakes :)

But if i met steve i'd probably wet my pants and pass out, so i would probably be better off passing on that loan :)
LGM Guitars

Just curious, is there any clue as to what the reserve would be on that?
littlegreenguy

LGM Guitars wrote:Just curious, is there any clue as to what the reserve would be on that?
I reckon the reserve would be a small BMW 3 series!
jmchambers5

hey, no one bought it, perhaps if i ask him nicely, steve will keep it laying around in a closet until i get enough cash laying around for it. hmmm, at $25 an hour that means i have to work......, well i could afford it by the time i turn 30 :twisted:
biancocat
Newcomer

I missed this auction whatwas the end price? and is he replaceing it ?