The Irony of the vine inlay.....

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Ednolb
Newcomer

LOL @ LGM guitars! :D
Dave Goodland

if you also look into the scratch plate for long enough steve vai's voice appears and says, you have finally found the inner guitar that lives within yourself :wink:
Junebughunter

Just so you know...I can get my name (Tyler) to come out of those...so I think there is no coincidence, just over analyzing

which reminds me of the quote "you put anal in analyze"
Ultra Zone
Newcomer

Ghost in a shell wrote:It's the map to the Ultra Zone! :D
Ha ha! Did someone call my name?. :wink: But seriously, does anyone know where the actual vine came from? I believe it supposed to be an older design......but from where :?:
cerealk

I think maybe LGM has a bit too much time on his hands :D
Texter

From now on I won't be going to the 7th position but to the first E position. :lol:
freak

or an ultra world 8)
shredace

ok, I bet $5 I can get there first
LGM Guitars

Ultra Zone wrote:
Ha ha! Did someone call my name?. :wink: But seriously, does anyone know where the actual vine came from? I believe it supposed to be an older design......but from where :?:

Vine inlays have been around as long as instruments. The Vine on the JEM guitars, was originally seen (I believe) on the Bob Weir Ibanez, in the 70's, I could be wrong, but the earliest I BELIEVE that I've seen the vine was on a 1975 model seen here

From this webpage. http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/GuitarT ... 674-1.html

This is where it makes it even odder to me that it can spell out STEVE VAI so easily :)
atifman

maybe people who made the vine, knew Vai and that he was gonna become a guitar virtuoso............hey, it's not impossible.:)
Renge

I think you'll find you can dirive divine meaning and insight from just about anything, be it intentional or not. The simplest of things can have the most profound meaning, or the most stark coincidence to a related subject.

There are about 50 Zen Buddhist sutra's than deal with this very subject in terms of a karmaic response and pose. I wouldn't read too much into it personally, but it is pretty cool now that I take a look at it.
Grandor

You guys have too much time on your hands

GO PLAY YOUR GUITARS!!!

I want to get a JEM one day