Search found 299 matches

by Ant711UK
Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:04 am
Forum: All About Steve
Topic: The Ultra Zone
Replies: 54
Views: 10104

Blood & the tears. Probably my fave vai song
by Ant711UK
Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:12 am
Forum: All About Steve
Topic: The Next Tour - You Tell Us...
Replies: 416
Views: 86181

Re: next tour

I would suggest that he plays Hammersmith Apollo ( Odeon ), as it is still the best rock music venue in London, and hopefully the security staff will be more friendly than the savages employed at the Astoria. I agree 100% with your description of the staff at the Astoria. They very nearly messed up...
by Ant711UK
Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:54 am
Forum: All About Steve
Topic: Vai and Satriani in the Harmony Hut Real Video
Replies: 37
Views: 14117

This clip is excellent, great stuff Kettil 8)
by Ant711UK
Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:27 am
Forum: All About Steve
Topic: The Next Tour - You Tell Us...
Replies: 416
Views: 86181

Steve can basically perform whatever he wants for as long as he wants in a hall with any of us forum members watching. Don't forget he is 'THE MAN' where most of us are concerned. He could sing and play BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP and most likely floor the lot of us with a superb Vaiesque rendition. If he's...
by Ant711UK
Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:09 am
Forum: All About Steve
Topic: Passion and Warfare vs Fire Garden
Replies: 51
Views: 8926

I love em both. PAW is Guitar Guitar Guitar Fire Garden is Guitar Guitar Guitar + Piano + whatever else he decided to pick up and play at the time. Does Steve actually play the piano that well or does he cheat the way I do and quantize a very slow midi piece and then speed it up after editing the ve...
by Ant711UK
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:58 am
Forum: General Music Discussion
Topic: No Substitution (Lukather/Carlton)
Replies: 9
Views: 1690

The track with the drum solo has a very 'Reelin in the years' groove going on. I think it's Greg Bissonette.

Great album!
by Ant711UK
Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:04 pm
Forum: Steve's Guitars and Gear
Topic: Maybe I'm dumb, but I'm curious
Replies: 21
Views: 7619

I can see a problem with LGM's idea already.

You wouldn't be able to play it for a week at a time, I'd stick with kleenex.
by Ant711UK
Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:12 pm
Forum: Messageboard Rules and Guidelines and Vai.com Discussion
Topic: FINALLY a vaiforum!!
Replies: 29
Views: 17373

I agree with Rich. You have to keep an eye on the guys who just want to pick a fight for fun. It's quite amusing to watch some experienced members deal with these guys with an intelligent comeback at some pointless remark made. But these a$$holes ruin some great threads and put new members off joini...
by Ant711UK
Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:00 pm
Forum: General Music Discussion
Topic: FN Acoustic
Replies: 4
Views: 5107

I went to see Pierre Bensusan play recently and was truly impressed.
The guy is very very good. As well as his mellow acoustic stuff he also writes some brilliantly energetic music too.

I bought a copy of 'INTUITE' at the gig which he signed for me too.
by Ant711UK
Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:53 am
Forum: General Music Discussion
Topic: Freak Guitar
Replies: 23
Views: 9067

Amazing player. I've bought freak guitar and it's good.

It's not my favourite album by any stretch and i don't think it will be for many people, but the skill and accuracy in his playing is exceptional.

A time to breathe is a great track though.
by Ant711UK
Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:48 am
Forum: General Music Discussion
Topic: Rob Balducci
Replies: 30
Views: 13439

I agree with Gabe on Rob he is excellent! It's not just his playing, it's the whole thing; passion, moods, feel etc. He's got it all. Composition is 95% of what makes a solo guitar player recognised as a great. The other 5% is having the technical ability to deliver what's in their head and make oth...
by Ant711UK
Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:29 am
Forum: Studios, Gear, Amps and Effects
Topic: Still tape?
Replies: 30
Views: 13288

Excuse my ignorance but I've never seen or heard any protools stuff. I use cubase VST on a MAC G4. I've used VST for years, even way back on an atari and I'm hesitant to change because I'm so comfortable with it. I've had a look a logic audio, but that's all 'a look' . I'm curious to know if Steve r...
by Ant711UK
Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:12 am
Forum: General Music Discussion
Topic: Reunion tour
Replies: 37
Views: 19031

I think the DLR era has to be left exactly as it was, awesome for the time.

If it happened again I think us 30 somethings would love it for nostalgic reasons, but it's not as good as Steve's later stuff in my opinion.
by Ant711UK
Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:00 am
Forum: All About Steve
Topic: Hey Steve! :)
Replies: 41
Views: 19964

Hello Mr Vai, welcome to your own forum!

I get the feeling this is going to be a busy place.

Nice work Mike & Anthony 8)